When in the video is it mentioned? I tried to skim through it at work and couldn't find anything. Some video snippets of a new Mazda are shown in the last clip, starting at the 34:50 mark. The last clip actually starts at around the 32 minute mark, but it's just a lot of marketing speak.
- $10.6 billion dollar investment through 2030
- EV production in North America maybe in 2026-7, depends on how tax credits work out
- Battery partnership with Envision AESC Group, a Chinese-owned battery maker
- New hybrid system coming
- Lots of partnerships with other Japanese companies (Rohm, MHHO, Imasen) for motors, electronics, etc.
- Hybrid CX-50 on the way, made in Alabama
The reason given for the big investment is that Mazda thinks the transition to electric will be further along by 2030 (up to 40% of their sales) than they originally predicted in 2018-19 (less than 25%) and needs to catch up. They still see a future for ICE powered vehicles but what the mix will be is not clear.