More CX-50 trim levels/colors not available until Fall?

Hi all;

I've been car shopping recently and stumbled on the CX-50 which looks great. I just got back from a dealership (who wouldn't even let me test drive one!) that mentioned that they aren't expecting all the trim levels and colors to be available until Fall. Has anyone else heard the same? I'd be looking at a Turbo base package, probably in black, though obviously I need to find any turbo I can drive first...Just curious to see if anyone else has heard a reliable timeline.

You can go to MazdaUSA.com.
Click on SHOPPING TOOLS. Click Inventory Search under SHOP.
You can find vehicles at each dealership and those in transit to it.
There is 1 to 2 days of delay when a vehicle is sold.
I see 28 CX-50s at 10 dealers within 200 miles from me.
Half of them in transit.
Indeed. Choices of colors seem limited at this point.

Possibly something also to do with dealer selection--went to my local place this morning, and all the top trim CX-50's in their stock had the black interior and not in the terracotta I prefer. I really love the Polymetal Gray Metallic after seeing it in person. As I had suspected from the video reviews I saw, it is a really nice blue-shifted gray. Second fave is the Zircon Sand--very "Subaru". Salesperson laughed when I said that, and mentioned that Mazda's talking points on the CX-50 include noting that the vehicle is meant to appeal to a buyer of the outdoorsy Subarus (Outback, Forester, Crosstrek, etc).

I saw a couple more color options (all premium plus, still) but not all, and was able to drive one. The turbo lag was quite noticeable but I'm not sure if it's a dealbreaker or not. Hard to tell with a short test drive :/

Back