Moisture Inside Door

:
2020 CX-5 GTR
I recently got the 2020 GTR and I was wondering if anyone else has experienced moisture trapped inside the door. On my driver's side, when I roll down the window and roll it back up, the corner closest to the mirror will have streaks of water. I understand this would be normal if it happened during the rain or something, but it even happens a day or two after a car wash.

Any ideas, advice? Is this normal, or should I worry about mold, etc?

If it's on the outside of the window, it's relatively normal. Though it does seem to be taking a bit long to dry off. In any case the outside portion of the inner door is not water-protected.

Yeah it's definitely on the outside, but I worry about mold inside the door if it's holding moisture for much longer than 24 hrs at a time...

Plus it's annoying to have vertical streaks right where I look through to the side mirror every time I open and close the window.

Yeah it's definitely on the outside, but I worry about mold inside the door if it's holding moisture for much longer than 24 hrs at a time...

Plus it's annoying to have vertical streaks right where I look through to the side mirror every time I open and close the window.
It doesn’t seem normal to me. Have you checked 3 drain holes at the bottom edge of the door and see if they got clogged?

No, I'll have to check later. But the car is less than a month old and I wash it often
You can check 3 other windows at the same time and see if they all have the same streaks of water.

Take pics to document it, then go back to the dealer.
Haha I'm already waiting to get the driver's seat cushion replaced by the dealer. Not trying to overwhelm them with complaints too quickly. The leather stretched and imprinted after a week and the foam underneath isnt re-expanding properly. Looks like I've been driving it for a year.

Must be a defect because the passenger side doesn't have the same problem.

Haha I'm already waiting to get the driver's seat cushion replaced by the dealer. Not trying to overwhelm them with complaints too quickly. The leather stretched and imprinted after a week and the foam underneath isnt re-expanding properly. Looks like I've been driving it for a year.

Must be a defect because the passenger side doesn't have the same problem.
Really?

Here's a pic of my driver's seat. I'm taking it to the dealer next week. I hope they don't give me a hard time.

Close from back.jpg

Close from side.jpg

My passenger seat is fine, but it only gets occasional use.

Oof. I don't know what all those little points are from. Mine was more of a big bump where your butt goes. More like this (just an example, not my photo):

0074c70568bec4de7773dd09dca687fb.jpg

The service tech said he never had anyone bring it in for that so he had no point of reference for what was normal wear but he agreed it seemed too soon for it to occur and offered to order new parts. It's been a week and I haven't heard back but he seemed like an honest guy so he probably just shipped it slow since it's non-urgent.

The service tech said he never had anyone bring it in for that so he had no point of reference for what was normal wear but he agreed it seemed too soon for it to occur and offered to order new parts. It's been a week and I haven't heard back but he seemed like an honest guy so he probably just shipped it slow since it's non-urgent.
May be you can show the leather seat TSB to your Mazda dealer along with reporting moisture problem.

CX-5 leather seats have the same issue. Here's a long thread discussing this problem:

2018 CX-5 Grand Touring Leather Seat Issue

And here's the TSB for your problem:

Ref. No. R054/18 - Warping Surface of Drivers Seat

There're revised parts listed in the TSB to fix this problem.

Ref. No. R054/18 said:

CAUSE
Gap occurs between the leather surface and the cushion pad due to insufficient surface tension of the seat trim.

MASS PRODUCTION CHANGE
A non-woven fabric is attached to the backside of the front seat cushion trim to enhance the surface tension.

REPAIR PROCEDURE
When you receive the customer complain on this concern, replace the front seat cushion trim(1) and the front seat cushion pad with a modified one according to the workshop manual FRONT SEAT CUSHION TRIM REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.

So, I’m curious. If you have wet windows and roll down the windows to “clear” them, does it remove the water?

On my 2019 sig, if I have beads of water on the window and roll them all the way down (all 4 windows) and then back up, the water isn’t displaced at all.

So, I’m curious. If you have wet windows and roll down the windows to “clear” them, does it remove the water?

On my 2019 sig, if I have beads of water on the window and roll them all the way down (all 4 windows) and then back up, the water isn’t displaced at all.
Yes, that’s a norm nowadays.

And it’s frustrating as hell. I haven’t owned a car that displaced the water when the window was rolled down since my 2005 Focus.

Do you wash with a pressure washer? A pressure washer might get more water into the doors than a non pressure washer wash. I found that leaving the doors open after washing will let them drain and air dry faster. The back doors of my car drain very slowly like this video shows

Wow, I didnt know that and was going to break down and take my 18 cx5 back to the dealership. I used to like to roll down the window and the bottom weather strip would "sqeeegee" the window off when wet, but my cx5 the weather stripping barely touches my window (its close enough to make a few streaks on the drivers side) I was concerned the weather stripping wasnt going to, well you know, protect from the weather/water from getting down inside the door.

Back