Mitsubishi Evo IX MR vs. Subaru Impreza WRX

• 06 Mitsubishi Evo IX MR

Votes: 50 71.4%
  • 06 Subaru Impreza WRX

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Other, Post what the other vehicle would be

Votes: 6 8.6%

• Total voters
MS6 all the way baby! Give me cheap (relatively speaking that is), grown-up speed any day.

R

5.3 0-60 I think and like 14.9 or so 1/4. dont quote me but the numbers are around somewhere on this site. I'll do a quick search

That's pretty quick! :)

It'll be interesting to see what other forums members can get it to run. I know a lot of the road tests on the evo were claiming 13.3-13.1 stock... But it's rare to find someone that can produce those same numbers.

vindication said:
well remember, the MS6 isn't made to compete with the STI/EVO.

exactly... But I think that's probably for the better- the rivalry between thsoe two is pretty unreal- and thy cars just get more amazing each year. I hope the ms6 takes off though. It's a pretty amazing car. Let's hope it stays in production for a few years.

I keep trying to find a used evo, but all I can ever find is white & red ones. I'd say the EVO IX if I can get teh damn color I want.

GrandBelialKey said:
I keep trying to find a used evo, but all I can ever find is white & red ones. I'd say the EVO IX if I can get teh damn color I want.

lol what color do you want? And what is your avatar?

choose an evo... they had an 02 i believe for sale at the mitsu dealer couple months back had 23k on the clock and they wanted like 27 for it or something ridiculous.... i stopped lookin after i saw the price....

tsunami said:
choose an evo... they had an 02 i believe for sale at the mitsu dealer couple months back had 23k on the clock and they wanted like 27 for it or something ridiculous.... i stopped lookin after i saw the price....

hehe the first year of the evo in the U.S was 2003- so it was likely a 2003. There is no REAL difference between the 03's and 04's other than the leather and sound option. The 05's have a bigger hotside on the turbo, ACD, and the MR's have a 6th gear. The evo IX has everything the 05' has with added MIVEC valve control a new front bumper, different brakes, and blacked out tails.

evo.

the sti front end still hasn't grown on me.

performance wise, they're both fast.

modding wise, i'll take the evo. more bang for buck mods.

spike blue said:
voted other audi RS4 and the mazdaspeed 6 all the way!!!

RS4 wouldn't be in the consideration either. Supposely the estimated price for RS4 would be $80k (SUPPOSELY). But others are crossing their finger to be around $60. Nonetheless, it's not in the category.

I would vote for STi, for the fact that all of you (or most of you) voted for Evo (I rather be different than same with everyone), and second would be Evo interior looks dirt cheap.

subi
mostly I'm anti-Mitu, and I can't help but imagine rolling down the 20+ miles of gravel roads you have to take to get to my dad's house (eekdance) (drive2)

:) Food for thought- the fastest US evo (2003+) is the AMS evo which has a best ET of 9.41 and a best trap of 155mph- 808AWHP. The fastest US Sti (2003+) is Big Valley's Sti which has run a 10.5 or 10.4 and a best trap in the 140's- 720AWHP

On top of that- there are currently 3 USDM evo's in the 9's and about 5 others near 10.2-10.1 territory.

Last edited:
smp3000 said:
lol what color do you want? And what is your avatar?
the light blue metallic flake color. And, um...

edit: now it's a building being hit by an airplane.

Last edited:
spike blue said:
voted other audi RS4 and the mazdaspeed 6 all the way!!!

Um, I think the RS4 is out of the range like my M3 is, ahaha. That RS4 is a BADASS car, though. I really hope they bring it to the States!

Back