Missing splash shield (blurry pics inside)

:
CX9 Grand Touring
Had my 2008 CX9 GT up on my 4 post lift today for the first oil change since I've owned it and think there is a splash shield missing. Can someone confirm.

Here are two pics - two empty clips are visible near the front and then two bolt holes are visible about two feet back - just past the drain plug. Only one of the bolt holes is visible in the second picture.

If there is supposed to be a splash shield there, does anyone have a pic or better yet a part number?

cx9_underside1.jpg

cx9_underside2.jpg

Sorry for the blurry pics - my camera phone has a hard time focusing.

Thanks,
Brian

Had my 2008 CX9 GT up on my 4 post lift today for the first oil change since I've owned it and think there is a splash shield missing. Can someone confirm.

Here are two pics - two empty clips are visible near the front and then two bolt holes are visible about two feet back - just past the drain plug. Only one of the bolt holes is visible in the second picture.

If there is supposed to be a splash shield there, does anyone have a pic or better yet a part number?

cx9_underside1.jpg

cx9_underside2.jpg

Sorry for the blurry pics - my camera phone has a hard time focusing.

Thanks,
Brian

Brian:
I just crawled under my 9, (well knelt down and looked up under it), and have the same clips, nothing attached to them, and no shield in that area.

Not sure if we're both missing a shield, or if it's normal. Not sure what threaded clips are intended to hold.

Anyone?

Last edited:
Odd. Strange for a manufacturer to add parts and holes when they are not used even if it costs pennies. Thanks for checking!
Brian

Back