Minor scratches on the front bumper

zerilos

:
2008 Mazdaspeed 3
I was pulling into a parking space this morning and misjudged it, so my front bumper made contact with a brick wall. Fortunately most of the damage ended up on the plastic area with the license plate holder - which I was already planning on replacing since the dealer had drilled holes into that section. Freeman Mazda quoted me something like $29 for the part, which isn't bad considering how much shipping would be if I bought it online.

Anyway, I've used this product Scratch-X in the past, which I think oughta do the job since it's really minor and there's no paint/plastic damage. After I calmed down a little and thought about it, I really don't think the damage warrants taking the car to a body shop. Any other ideas for something so minor? I'll post some pics soon as I can.

I used ScratchX to take out some pretty nasty scratches on a car over the weekend. It worked great.

if that white stuff is from another paint then taht can be buffed out..but if its cuz u scratched paint off ur gonna need to take that to a bodyship... i replaced the plastic mustache part ($30)... it was a pain to take off the bumper though lol

the plastic grill piece cant be polished out because its not a painted piece.

I know that, I already said I was planning on replacing the plastic piece.

And that white stuff is because the car -barely- hit a wall.

Back