Mazdaspeed Ms01 wheels installed

:
2015 Mazda 6
I have had many many mazdas and always liked these wheels, so i got a great deal on them, and when i went to pick them up it hit me that they are staggered, and they are 8 - 9, and that the protege does not hold much of a width or an offset. And i truly was not going for a low and slow approach to the car, those days are over. But when the wheels went on, it was obvious that the rears would need some fender roll and camber adjustment to fit. So hopefully when I get the coils on and camber plates, its not too aggressive in the rear.. I just snapped some pics of the car in the parking garage, because my daughter was born yesterday, and i had planned to take some photos...but im stuck here for a few days lol..
DSC_0224.jpg

DSC_0225.jpg

DSC_0226.jpg

Your daughter was born yesterday so you go hang out in the parking garage to take pics of your wheels and post them on the forum wondering about how you can make them fit? I think you need to get your priorities checked... and im not a big fan of the wheels either.

Your daughter was born yesterday so you go hang out in the parking garage to take pics of your wheels and post them on the forum wondering about how you can make them fit? I think you need to get your priorities checked... and im not a big fan of the wheels either.

Lol first of all tough guy, i was coming back from going home and picking up some things for my overnight stay and snapped a picture when i parked the car. Since i was gonna be at the hospital all day. I had my came with me. Second of it all i know how to make them fit, i was not asking for advice.
Was just posting a picture as i sat in the room. It took me all of 7 seconds to take a picture after i parked the car, notice it is the hospital parking lot, and the time of the post.

I only mentioned what i was doing because of the terrible pictures. Please no need to make those comments about my priorities it makes you look like an asshole speaking out of your ass.

You don't have to explain yourself bro. Different strokes for different folks. Congrats on the new addition to the family. Congrats on the daughter also.

You don't have to explain yourself bro. Different strokes for different folks. Congrats on the new addition to the family. Congrats on the daughter also.

I said to myself as i typed "why am i explaining myself to this guy anyway". ...lol.

I love those wheels, and always have. But there too dated for the body styling of a speed protege i think. It just doesnt look right.

You might be able to pull it off. But its going to involve some suspension work. And even then, they still might not really fit the look of the car.

I love those wheels, and always have. But there too dated for the body styling of a speed protege i think. It just doesnt look right.

You might be able to pull it off. But its going to involve some suspension work. And even then, they still might not really fit the look of the car.

Yea thats how i felt too, they need to be refinished. They were gonna be taken up to the shop monday but baby came so its gonna be a minute before that happens. Supposed to be getting the ksports this weekend, so it will look alot nicer hopefully. Still debating if the faces will stay the gold or do silver...

Congratulations on having a daughter, sir.

As the wheels...personally i think they could look pretty good...but, and i'm probably in a minority with this...personally i can not stand staggered wheels on a fwd car...unless they are staggered the 'right' way, which usually isn't even needed...

what i'm saying is i'd put the 9" wheels up front...There is more room up there to begin with, and its more appropriate for a turbo'd fwd anyway...It'll probably also look better with an appropriate suspension to manage the gap...those look like pretty fat tires on there. For a 9" wheel, a 215 stretches very nicely over them...without getting ridiculous (i can't tell from your pic what size is the on rear)...I would recommend a 205 width for the 8" wheels, too...the VW fad of making a fwd look like a rwd has always bothered me, but whatever.

dig around some forums for some very tasteful jdm staggered fwd's...when done right it doesn't look off at all, and is actually better for performance too...i can't say i'm in love with the color of those on a silver car, but you seem open to changing that...but i think the biggest thing that stands out is the wheel gap and the front tires being a little wide for those wheels...the ksports will let you adjust that properly...

one last thing...please at least try the 9" wheels up front to see how they look...I've had 10mm front spacers on for years with +48 offset wheels, and it dramatically changed that annoying 'sunk in' look that the front track had...with 9" wheels, you'll eat that up completely...personally i think you'd prefer a lot more...

Last edited:
Congratulations on having a daughter, sir.

As the wheels...personally i think they could look pretty good...but, and i'm probably in a minority with this...personally i can not stand staggered wheels on a fwd car...unless they are staggered the 'right' way, which usually isn't even needed...

what i'm saying is i'd put the 9" wheels up front...There is more room up there to begin with, and its more appropriate for a turbo'd fwd anyway...It'll probably also look better with an appropriate suspension to manage the gap...those look like pretty fat tires on there. For a 9" wheel, a 215 stretches very nicely over them...without getting ridiculous (i can't tell from your pic what size is the on rear)...I would recommend a 205 width for the 8" wheels, too...the VW fad of making a fwd look like a rwd has always bothered me, but whatever.

dig around some forums for some very tasteful jdm staggered fwd's...when done right it doesn't look off at all, and is actually better for performance too...i can't say i'm in love with the color of those on a silver car, but you seem open to changing that...but i think the biggest thing that stands out is the wheel gap and the front tires being a little wide for those wheels...the ksports will let you adjust that properly...

one last thing...please at least try the 9" wheels up front to see how they look...I've had 10mm front spacers on for years with +48 offset wheels, and it dramatically changed that annoying 'sunk in' look that the front track had...with 9" wheels, you'll eat that up completely...personally i think you'd prefer a lot more...

I did think of that also, i may give it a shot. But the tires look huge for some reason but they are 215/45 on the front and rear they look much bigger. my last few cars have been rwd..lol So im just used to throwing the wide in the rear just for visual pleasure. But i do feel weird with the 9 in the rear being fwd..lol, i was always against that somewhat my self. I believe the offset is 32 on the 9, ill have to check, i may try that 9 up front and see how i like it..

Dont care for those wheels to much, to much civic in them for me (saw them on many civics)

congrats on your daughter! i think you need to get me one of those southrnfresnhers for my bmw :)

Lol first of all tough guy, i was coming back from going home and picking up some things for my overnight stay and snapped a picture when i parked the car. Since i was gonna be at the hospital all day. I had my came with me. Second of it all i know how to make them fit, i was not asking for advice.
Was just posting a picture as i sat in the room. It took me all of 7 seconds to take a picture after i parked the car, notice it is the hospital parking lot, and the time of the post.

I only mentioned what i was doing because of the terrible pictures. Please no need to make those comments about my priorities it makes you look like an asshole speaking out of your ass.

I was just kidding, I do see how I come off as an asshole though.. I guess thats how my humor is (does gets me in trouble..) I got a kid so I know how the hospital trip is.

Are you on stock suspension? Whats the size of the tires on there, they look fat to me.

Back