Mazdas247 Update: We’re 20! 🥳

Antoine

Administrator
Just wanted to mention that Mazdas247 has now been existence for twenty years! While much has changed in that time, one thing hasn’t and that’s our commitment to being Fun, Friendly and Informative.

Thank you all so much for spending your time with us and for your support! :giggle:

njaremka

Wiggity-Wack-O-Tack
Contributor
:
2011 MX5 GT
Hard to believe its been that long already! I remember when it was THE parking lot for all the new Proteges and Protege5s

Here's my flashback:
2002, right after joining the forum -
2489894956_0a25318594_o.jpg

2008, after a couple of modifications -
2395576195_20726f3b21_o.jpg

2010, one of the last pictures I have -
IMG00007-20100404-1719.jpg

njaremka

Wiggity-Wack-O-Tack
Contributor
:
2011 MX5 GT
Thanks @sm1ke!

@njaremka Great pics, thanks for sharing those and awesome to see you've been active here since 2001!
I still have a special place in my heart for those 3rd generation Protege's! If they weren't all rust buckets now, and still had aftermarket support, I might be tempted to pick one up as a project or to keep around for the son's first car. The wife is on her 3rd Mazda, and prefers to drive a Mazda because of that car.

Antoine

Administrator
I still have a special place in my heart for those 3rd generation Protege's! If they weren't all rust buckets now, and still had aftermarket support, I might be tempted to pick one up as a project or to keep around for the son's first car. The wife is on her 3rd Mazda, and prefers to drive a Mazda because of that car.
Same here...A fantastic platform that also spawned the MP3, P5 and MSP. Any sort of Protege is unfortunately a rare sight these days but when I do see one, it always puts a smile on my face. 😁

Awesome, I've been on here since 05 or 06 ish.
Awesome indeed, yup since 2006! (y)

njaremka

Wiggity-Wack-O-Tack
Contributor
:
2011 MX5 GT
Same here...A fantastic platform that also spawned the MP3, P5 and MSP. Any sort of Protege is unfortunately a rare sight these days but when I do see one, it always puts a smile on my face. 😁
I always regretted not driving a Protege before buying our 99 Civic LX. When I had the need for a new car, I immediately took the ride to the nearest Mazda dealer for a test drive. Drove a Protege5, and was hooked. I was hoping to swing for the MP3 in Laser Blue, but the price was just a tad much for my budget at the time. I had access to S-Plan pricing, but the MP3 wasn't available on that plan. The ES ended up being just under $15k out the door back in 2001, which was a deal that couldn't be beat. The MP3 would have been $18.5k plus tax and title.

Antoine

Administrator
I always regretted not driving a Protege before buying our 99 Civic LX. When I had the need for a new car, I immediately took the ride to the nearest Mazda dealer for a test drive. Drove a Protege5, and was hooked. I was hoping to swing for the MP3 in Laser Blue, but the price was just a tad much for my budget at the time. I had access to S-Plan pricing, but the MP3 wasn't available on that plan. The ES ended up being just under $15k out the door back in 2001, which was a deal that couldn't be beat. The MP3 would have been $18.5k plus tax and title.
Yeah, I really wanted an MP3 when it came out but being a uni student at the time, I couldn't afford it...That said it didn't stop me from registering MazdaMP3.com which became Mazda Forums which became Mazdas247. 😁