Mazda5 2006 - Loose door handles

Hi everyone,

I have a slight issue on my front driver and left sliding door handles.

- The front driver one is a bit loose from outside and stay in an open position. A bit like if the spring was not strong enough to bring them back in close position.

1642279980329.png

- The sliding left side is sometime not working, like if the handle wasn't grabbing the latch to open the door.

Any idea? Do I needs to tight something?

Thanks

Last edited:

bpt323

FE3-323
:
Madison, WI
:
Mazda 5, 323
im in the same boat, 50% of the time the sliding doors work. , but the handles always feel loose.
I'll post again if i find a solution

:
2010 Mazda 5
There is a hook on the pivot side, opposite side from the key hole side, that breaks of and lets the handle move do it can't go back down fully. I had the issue and just kids replaced the handle.

For the back passenger side, a drivers side from a non sliding door will work. I got a back drivers side from a CX-7 cause the color matched. You might be able to get the front and rear and fix both sides of your car.

:
2006 Mazda 6 - auto
Hi everyone,

I have a slight issue on my front driver and left sliding door handles.

- The front driver one is a bit loose from outside and stay in an open position. A bit like if the spring was not strong enough to bring them back in close position.

View attachment 306557

- The sliding left side is sometime not working, like if the handle wasn't grabbing the latch to open the door.

Any idea? Do I needs to tight something?

Thanks

Simon
It is probably broken, you need to replace it. I have done this from inside the car without having to take the door off.

There are several write-ups on this - here is mine that references another https://mazdas247.com/forum/t/broken-kind-of-door-handle-drivers-side-door.123856217/#post-6469203. Good luck. Check non-oem parts for cheaper prices.

You will break door panel clips, so buy some before hand.