Mazda Sets Out on Cross-Country Road Trip with All-New 2017 Mazda CX-5 Test Drive Exp

:
Mazda CX-5 Akera
Thought I'd share for North American folks:

There are events for you to test drive and learn more about the new CX-5. See link for more details.

Mazda Sets Out on Cross-Country Road Trip with All-New 2017 Mazda CX-5 Test Drive Experience
− Fifteen-City Ride and Drive Tour to Take New Vehicle Test Drive to the Next Level

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...zda-cx-5-test-drive-experience-300448375.html

MAZDA CX-5 RIDE & DRIVE SCHEDULE
DATES CITY
April 29-30 Los Angeles, CA
May 6-7 Dallas, TX
May 12-13 Houston, TX
May 20-21 Miami, FL
May 27-28 Orlando, FL
June 2-3 Washington, D.C.
June 10-11 Philadelphia, PA
June 17-18 New York, NY
June 24-25 Boston, MA
July 1-2 Cleveland, OH
July 8-9 Chicago, IL
July 15-16 Minneapolis, MN
July 22-23 Denver, CO
July 29-30 Seattle, WA
August 5-6 San Francisco, CA

those ride and drive events are a blast! Did one last year with the MX-5 and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Went on Saturday to test drive the CX-5 in L.A. - fortunately the stop was only about five minutes from home. ;)

They had red, gray, and blue GTs available, but unfortunately the route only took us around the shopping mall, so I don't think I broke 30 mph. Not much to report that hasn't been said already. The interior is a step up in fit, finish, and features, though not wildly so. The leather was already an upgrade from my '16 Touring, so there was that. I'm not a fan of leather seats in general, so what I appreciated most about the leather was that the center console is slightly padded where my right knee tends to rest against it. It's hard plastic on my Touring and this is one of the few things that bothers me about it.

Cabin was definitely quieter, though again we weren't able to go very fast. Steering felt a bit stiffer than mine, but I can't really say that it was better or worse. Same goes with ride comfort: we were on city streets, not going fast. The HUD did impress me! I like how it's there but not obtrusive at all. I could very easily get used to it. :D I still prefer the more built-in display to the tablet-styled one on the 2017, but I could see how raising it up is better overall.

While talking to the rep, I told him that I had only recently bought a 2016. He thought I'd had some regrets, but I told him I was happy with my choice. I still like the exterior styling of the '16 over the '17, and my 16 still has a CD player. But there's no question that the '17 is an improved and more refined vehicle. It'd be a tough choice having to decide between them today, with the '16s being discounted $2K at least.

Back