Mazda Protege Engine Swap

roops

:
Mazda Protege 2000 SE
Hey Im looking into doing a Mazda Protege Engine swap this summer and would like to start doing research now (mainly because the thought of doing this project is really really exciting). Not sure which engine to use and if anyone had some tips about taking on this project that would be amazing. I saw on another forum someone recommended the KLZE engine. Has 200hp @ 6500 rpm. Not sure about fitting and difficulty if anyone that has taken on such a project could give me a breakdown of the time/money that would be great. But yea I currently have a Mazda Protege 2000 SE that is automatic (I really wanted a manual) and Ive done body work to it. Now its to do the engine work this summer. I may even purchase another Protege thats identical to mine but manual and just switch over the body work. But yea any advice, comments or general information would be great. O i would also like to probably Turbo any engine that I swap and do all the performance upgrades I can while the engine is out. So anything on that as well would be great.

Also any comments/criticism about my car is welcome. Any ideas about what else to do would be great,

Back