2016~2023 Mazda navigation SD card

Edit: I just noticed there is an 'Or' in that message. Software msg does not distinguish between a contract expiration or just no newer map file available. I think I will be good when the next map update rolls out.

Are we limited to only 3 map updates during the 3 year period? If I would have known this I would have waited until I was near the end of the 3 year period to update.
According to Mazda's web site:
Note: map updates are free for 3 years after vehicle reaches 63 miles.

I've never seen that expiration message & I've updated my maps 3 times.

I'm also a big time Waze user. However we do use the OEM nav app on occasion. Wife likes the nav's HUD and somtimes I just don't bother plugging in the phone. Since the OEM nav is already installed I'll take the free map updates when they come. More so for the updated POI's.

When I bought my Audi I deliberately omitted Nav from the option list to save money since I knew I'd prefer to use Adroid Auto with Google Maps or Waze most of the time. Our preferred CX-9 trim level came with GPS.

Did you guys buy the SD card after purchase from dealer, or did dealer install the GPS SD card for you, and you bought the SD card for updates?

Did you guys buy the SD card after purchase from dealer, or did dealer install the GPS SD card for you, and you bought the SD card for updates?
Bought mine on Amazon for $89 vs spending $500 from dealer just for an SD card. It works just fine and comes with the 3-yr map updates same as the ones from dealer. The $500 is a rip off honestly…

Back