Mazda Mobile Start (MMS) recall and customer service - SOS!

Apologies if this isn't the right forum for this thread, but I couldn't figure out what might be. (Feel free to move it elsewhere if appropriate.) I have a 2019 CX-5 Signature, and when I bought it new at my local dealer in May 2019, I had the Mazda Mobile Start installed. It always worked fine, though I didn't use it very often. Last month (December 27, 2021, to be precise) I brought it into the dealership for an oil change, and was informed that Mazda has recalled the remote start component of MMS, and that they at the dealership were obligated to disable it. This was the first I heard of this -- I never received any notification about this beforehand, either from the dealer or Mazda themselves. The dealership told me that I had 2 options -- Mazda would give me a $400 refund, or would credit me $400 toward having the dealer install a new one. I said I would take the refund, since the dealership told me it would cost about twice that to have one installed there, and I know I can get a good aftermarket remote start for less than $00, if I want one at all. They gave me some printout and told me I had to submit for the refund online.

I went home that afternoon and tried to do it right away, but after entering my VIN, I was taken to a page which said the case was "closed," and was unable to proceed further. The site advised me elsewhere to contact my local dealer for help, but also gave me Mazda's service number, 1-800-222-5500, and I have tried them (Mazda customer service, that is) almost daily ever since, but have NEVER been able to speak to a human being there; instead, I always get a message telling me there is a long wait (the wait time they specify always varies, from around 15 minutes to 45 minutes), and offering me the option of holding, or reuqesting a call back. Sometimes I hold; I have held for up to 2.5 hours, and no one has ever picked up. Sometimes I request a call back, and enter my number, etc.; again, I have NEVER gotten a call back. And sometimes, I just get a message telling me the office is closed. At 2:30 PM on a Wednesday. You get the picture.

I have contacted my dealership, and they tell me they have a call in to their Mazda rep. That's it. They all tell me Mazda customer service is a mess right now, but never elaborate. Can anyone please tell me what is going on with Mazda right now, and what I can do to resolve this? I am, as you can tell, exasperated.

Thanks!

What happens we dont know but keep calling eventually you would reach a person. Its possible they are short staffed ..who knows.
Yes its tricky now that there is also another active recall and no parts for it and lots of people want to contact them too.
In the meantime keep the communication with the dealer on a regular basis.

Fuel pump recall.

by the way the MMS disabling is because the mobile providers are cutting the 3G frequencies. Nothing Mazda can do there except cancel the service going forward.

Unfortunately... Mazda models not listed here but list of other automakers w/models & years affected by 3G shutdown.

Your 2019 is bad enough but notice even '21 Acura RDX, '21 Honda Passport, '21 Porsche 718 are affected.

My old '12 GX 460 loses it's Enform service... this affects up to 2018 on the GX 460.

Easy choice here - take the $400 and have a Fortin or Compustar remote installed

Apologies if this isn't the right forum for this thread, but I couldn't figure out what might be. (Feel free to move it elsewhere if appropriate.) I have a 2019 CX-5 Signature, and when I bought it new at my local dealer in May 2019, I had the Mazda Mobile Start installed. It always worked fine, though I didn't use it very often. Last month (December 27, 2021, to be precise) I brought it into the dealership for an oil change, and was informed that Mazda has recalled the remote start component of MMS, and that they at the dealership were obligated to disable it. This was the first I heard of this -- I never received any notification about this beforehand, either from the dealer or Mazda themselves. The dealership told me that I had 2 options -- Mazda would give me a $400 refund, or would credit me $400 toward having the dealer install a new one. I said I would take the refund, since the dealership told me it would cost about twice that to have one installed there, and I know I can get a good aftermarket remote start for less than $00, if I want one at all. They gave me some printout and told me I had to submit for the refund online.

I went home that afternoon and tried to do it right away, but after entering my VIN, I was taken to a page which said the case was "closed," and was unable to proceed further. The site advised me elsewhere to contact my local dealer for help, but also gave me Mazda's service number, 1-800-222-5500, and I have tried them (Mazda customer service, that is) almost daily ever since, but have NEVER been able to speak to a human being there; instead, I always get a message telling me there is a long wait (the wait time they specify always varies, from around 15 minutes to 45 minutes), and offering me the option of holding, or reuqesting a call back. Sometimes I hold; I have held for up to 2.5 hours, and no one has ever picked up. Sometimes I request a call back, and enter my number, etc.; again, I have NEVER gotten a call back. And sometimes, I just get a message telling me the office is closed. At 2:30 PM on a Wednesday. You get the picture.

I have contacted my dealership, and they tell me they have a call in to their Mazda rep. That's it. They all tell me Mazda customer service is a mess right now, but never elaborate. Can anyone please tell me what is going on with Mazda right now, and what I can do to resolve this? I am, as you can tell, exasperated.

Thanks!
I have a 2021 CX5. The Mazda Mobile Start (from my cell phone) was pre installed when I bought the car. For various reasons, I am not happy with the MMS so I called the dealer service department and asked for price to have the automatic start installed on my key fob. The manager of the service department said he doesn't recommend install the automatic start on they key fob as there are compatibility problems with the Mazda Mobile Start. I don't know if this a related in anyway, but I would also like to know if anyone has done this and has any problems?

Thanks!
Also, I have had the same problems with Mazda support as I've have called them 3 or 4 times and each time waited to speak to someone for a minimum of 45 minutes. They are the absolute worse.

Back