Mazda CX9 2008 clock issue

walids

:
Mazda cx9 GT 2008
Hello everyone, I have an issue with my clock, I own a Mazda CX9 GT 2008 with navigation system, a few days ago I removed the battery and then set it back, but when I'm trying to set the clock to the correct time the system inside the navigation settings is not displaying the time so I can change it, and everytime I start the car the screen will take me to the navigation menu and not to the radio or CD display even if I'm using them.
Is anyone experienced this and how to fix it , thanks a lot

08 CX9 clock having same issue

Hello everyone, I have an issue with my clock, I own a Mazda CX9 GT 2008 with navigation system, a few days ago I removed the battery and then set it back, but when I'm trying to set the clock to the correct time the system inside the navigation settings is not displaying the time so I can change it, and everytime I start the car the screen will take me to the navigation menu and not to the radio or CD display even if I'm using them.
Is anyone experienced this and how to fix it , thanks a lot

Sorry I dont have an answer, just wondering if you were able to resolve as I just replaced my battery and am experiencing the same issue. Thanks!

Any solution? I just encountered the same thing with my 2007 CX-9 w/ nav system. Replaced the battery and now the clock isn't set and won't let me set it from within the navigation calibration menu.

Press menu, then adjust clock +1 or -1 hour, should be pretty easy, but I remember the first time I changed the clock on my 2008 with nav, took a couple minutes to figure it out. Its there, you just gotta look for it. No owners manual?

I know how to do it through the navigation, calibration, set clock menu. That isn't the issue. Once you get to the menu with the +1 or -1 hour button, the clock is set to --:--. Pressing the + or - buttons does nothing. It's like the GPS is failing to pick up the clock signal from the satellites or something.

I have the very same issue. I disconnected the negative terminal on my battery to do some trailer wiring harness troubleshooting and after reconnecting the battery, the clock is way off and the GPS screen does not display the time, just this symbol --:--. Strange.

We have the same problem. 2008 CX9 with dead battery. replaced the battery and now --:-- on nav clock and cannot reset it. I ended up pulling the battery cable off and put it back on at 1:00 so at least the dash clock reads right (when you reconnect the battery the dash clock auto sets at 1:00). But we would love to reset the nav clock which is how the dash clock is supposed to get the time. Did anyone figure this out? thanks.

Have replaced a few batteries and never had this issue on my 08.

I replaced multiple batteries too but this last time this is what I got. I just read on a different site that the gps satellite time feed format changed in 2019. The Mazda gps system apparently cannot read it. The gps system only looks for the time stamp on the satellite feed if the vehicle loses all power ie when the battery is replaced. That’s what I read don’t know how true but it fits my circumstance.

Yep, you're correct. The GPS time format changed in 2019 and our '07/'08 Navi units need a firmware update to fix the issue. The firmware is not easily updated and Denso is not doing anything about it. I read a Corvette thread complaining of the same issue since some years used a similar Denso unit.

Back