Mazda customer survey

madar

Contributor
:
2016.5 CX 5 Touring AWD, 2015 SCION XB
Just had my 3rd survey from Mazda in as many weeks. First survey was the "how do you llike your car", yada, yada, yada. My second survey I mentioned the hood shake. What I'm seeing is the rear of the hood shake from hinge to hinge over a rough road. The third survey was a targeted survey of specific problems one of which being hood problems, but it only asked about three specific hood problems, none of which had anything to do with the shake and there was no allowance for comments. Nice to know there's real interest in customer satisfaction. Overall I'm really pleased with the vehicle, even survived a 5 minute hail storm with half inch hail and no paint damage!

Wish they cared as much about the USB playback/resume issue. That is my only serious complaint with the car, and is especially galling since it worked with the 2013 model.

Is hood shake normal? I have a 2014 and I notice it too at times at high speeds or bumps. Is it supposed to do that?

Is hood shake normal? I have a 2014 and I notice it too at times at high speeds or bumps. Is it supposed to do that?

No it's not normal, get in touch with your dealer there is a TSB about the hood shake.
I had mine repair and it's not perfect but it's alot better.

Ok whats the repair like? Do you know why it does that anyways what causes it to shake? can anything happen if i dont fix it?

No it's not normal, get in touch with your dealer there is a TSB about the hood shake.
I had mine repair and it's not perfect but it's alot better.

The TSB in question is for models produced before April 2012. Has to do with broken glue spots between the sheet metal and framing of the hood. I'm not talking about that. The whole rear of the hood will shake a little from HINGE area to HINGE area of the hood over a rough road. As far as I know there isn't anything out there for 2014 models. Probably should take it in, but I'm not too concerned about it. Just too busy enjoying it...

Wish they cared as much about the USB playback/resume issue. That is my only serious complaint with the car, and is especially galling since it worked with the 2013 model.

In an early survey I received it asked if connecting a phone through bluetooth was enough or if I a USB port was required. I specified that I wanted a USB port and actually got a one question followup survey about it. It was encouraging to me at the time that they were considering it because our 3 didn't have USB and we wish it did.

The only problem was the real reason I wanted a USB port is so I could use a simple thumb drive for the music but they didn't have that as an option on the survey and didn't have any room to include a note. I think the only options were for charging the phone or for better control of the phone. So I went with the better control option.

I wonder if they were thinking of phasing out the USB and only going with bluetooth but then had second thoughts.

The TSB in question is for models produced before April 2012. Has to do with broken glue spots between the sheet metal and framing of the hood. I'm not talking about that. The whole rear of the hood will shake a little from HINGE area to HINGE area of the hood over a rough road. As far as I know there isn't anything out there for 2014 models. Probably should take it in, but I'm not too concerned about it. Just too busy enjoying it...

I dont know about the TSB's and months of production but what you are describing is exactly what my hood use to do.

Back