Mazda Connect Firmware 74.00.230A (now .324A)

I just went to the dealership and was charged equivalent to $40 to diagnose and upgrade to the latest software, 74.00.311 4A N. Still can't use wireless CarPlay

I just don't understand November MY2021 wouldn't be compatible with wireless CarPlay! Are there any other parts prevent this to work?

Any chance I can determine the current CMU hardware revision (model) without opening the dash up?
The CX-9 has never had wireless Android Auto/Apple Carplay (yet). With that generation of Connect, only the 2021 Mazda 6 and 2021-22 Miata had that feature

I upgraded to version 74. Now Android Auto is telling me "To use android auto, stop the vehicle when it tis safe to do so and follow the instructions shown on the Android device" I am in my driveway and there is no prompt on the phone. I think Android Auto pops up very briefly and disappears. Apple Airplay works fine. Any ideas? Thanks. I am using 310A..

Last edited:
The CX-9 has never had wireless Android Auto/Apple Carplay (yet). With that generation of Connect, only the 2021 Mazda 6 and 2021-22 Miata had that feature
Although I disagree with the other models. CX-5 2021 and up also has wireless CarPlay on the top trim signature.

Do you know what is the model number of the CMU in the current CX-9 with 9-inch screen?

Edit: I contacted the dealership to provide the exact model number of the CMU. It is DEVC 66 9C0B

Last edited:
Sorry I don't give private advice one on one, I don't have the time....If you want Wireless you must renew all firmware with new CMU with correct Wireless internals.

Although I disagree with the other models. CX-5 2021 and up also has wireless CarPlay on the top trim signature.

Do you know what is the model number of the CMU in the current CX-9 with 9-inch screen?

Edit: I contacted the dealership to provide the exact model number of the CMU. It is DEVC 66 9C0B
Found some details about this. Apparently there is a variant of the CMU I have that is compatible with wireless CarPlay.

DEVB-66-9C0 Region: General, WITH Carplay Wireless
DEVC-66-9C0 Region: General, WITHOUT Carplay Wireless

Edit: And it looks the GPS harness may need to be changed should I swap the CMU.

Last edited:

I just tried in a 2019 CX9 Signature and a 2021 CX9 Carbon Edition. No wireless

No failsafe in version 74.00.311A, in fact Mazda bundled both files together since version 70.00.335C.
What's your current version?, update and failsafe. If too old you're better off update to a lower version and then to 311.
Make sure USB is fat32 partition MBR and file reads exactly cmu150_NA_74.00.311A_update.up not .zip or any other compression scheme

The only CX-9 that i know to have wireless carplay is the canadian CX-9 2021 (but not the 2021.5). Basically while the rest of the planet were getting the new infotainment, Canada got the old one but with wireless carplay. 2021.5 brought the updated infotainment system, without wireless carplay.

See the GT spec sheet at this link. This Is The Entire 2021 Mazda CX-9 Lineup In Canada

Find yourself some canadian 2021 CMU and it would likely work. Or you could spend 150$ on a dongle and get the same result.

Hi all, I'm looking to update from 70.00.335 to 74, or even just late 70 - I've got the reverse camera scrolling issue which apparently is fixed with the next update.
anyone able to pm the file, it would be much appreciated!

cheers!

Update from Nov 10, 2022

74.00.230A to 74.00.324A EU N
74.00.324 is ONLY available for EU N market at this stage.

SYMPTOMS
The following symptoms can be improved by the latest software (Ver. 74.00.324A).
Improved symptoms depend on current software versions.

• If the shift lever is operated quickly while displaying CarPlayTM screen, the rear view screen may not return to CarPlayTM screen.

• When the gear position is shifted into P from R, the screen may not return to the previous condition before shifting into R position.

Hello, just bought a 2016 Mazda 2 for the lady. its currently on OS firmware 56.00.513 EU N. looking to upgrade to 70.00.100 EU to connect apple car play. can someone help with the correct files please.

Back