Mazda 3 Microtech Fuel and Ignition Standalone - Released!

TurfBurn

:
'01 Yellow MP3 #1026
Well, it took months and months... but I think it is officially worth it to everyone...

First the dyno info... then the product info.. then the prices...

What we did for a dyno is took an absolutely BONE stock down to the airbox filter and the like Mazda 3 with 20,000 miles on it with a 2.3L motor in a hatch. We ran our first several dynos with the product in place... they were all within about 1-3 hp of one another. After that we did a couple calibration checks on the dyno and then re-ran the dynos again and got the same numbers. We shut the car down to cool it off and removed the Microtech from the system, thus reverting back to the stock ECU. Then ran several pulls in a row on the stock system and gave it time to learn etc.

The atmospheric conditions were 95 degrees and high humidity. Everything was run on pump gas and all stock and equipped runs were within 15 minutes of one another without any dyno or strapping adjustments. As absolutely controlled as possible.

Also, we did some checks to see if in the given conditions etc that were using if the stock ECU was making use of VVT and for some reason it did not appear to be. Therefore, the Microtech was run not controlling VVT either. Obviously, more power is available with VVT enabled and further tuning!

Again, all the dynos were very close to one another. After that we took essentially the middle run from each of those sets and created this dyno sheet:

http://www.nsnmotorsports.com/Storage/dyno1.jpg

That said... what you are seeing is a roughly 6-15 WHEEL hp across the board ON AN AUTOMATIC increase in power all due to a full standalone, daily driveable, full ignition and fuel Microtech LT10S with direct ignition X4 module. It's been a wait, but the system is here and it works great.

additionally, we are proud to also announce that we now have the ability to provide you with an LT4 fuel only module.

This dyno was obviously at a very high ambient and on a dyno dynamics system. The peak you see on the Microtech curve (the higher one) is 126hp. So how that compares to other stock dynos I don't know. At about the point the Microtech achieves the 126 the stock computer is achieving ~112hp.

The Microtech tune was intentionally NOT pushed ragged, so more power is available... with breathing mods (air filter, cams, exhaust) lots more power to be had... with turbo... yeah.. you know what happens.

So of course price...

The fuel only module we will be targeting a sell price of about 800 dollars. a little under.

The full ignition and fuel module will run a regular retail price of 1475. However for the first few months we will offer it at 1415, and the first 3 units will be sold at a price of 1325.

AND the prototype unit is available for sale immediately at an extra low take the losses price of 1175.

http://www.nsnmotorsports.com/Storage/units1.jpg

http://www.nsnmotorsports.com/Storage/units2.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Steve, I have a few general qs:

- Will this EMS require a different tune for summer and winter weather?
- Is it better to tune this while driving normally or does it have to be in a dyno?
- I can use any wideband as long as its controller can also connect to the PC and can log?
- Where is the best area to weld the bung for the wideband O2?
- Do you know what the CEL is when this is connected and can you disable it or is it advisable to pull the codes every few weeks to make sure the DTCs you can "ignore" are the ones made by the EMS?
- I like the idea of quick-release; will the kit come with "connectorizing" parts for a very easy uninstall?
- Can I use my Racing Beat discount on this so you can get MTX dynos on modified 3s ASAP? :)

thebeansoldier said:
Hi Steve, I have a few general qs:

- Is it better to tune this while driving normally or does it have to be in a dyno?
- I can use any wideband as long as its controller can also connect to the PC and can log?
- Do you know what the CEL is when this is connected and can you disable it or is it advisable to pull the codes every few weeks to make sure the DTCs you can "ignore" are the ones made by the EMS?
- I like the idea of quick-release; will the kit come with "connectorizing" parts for a very easy uninstall?
- Can I use my Racing Beat discount on this so you can get MTX dynos on modified 3s ASAP? :)

(bump) for unanswered Q's...;)

thebeansoldier said:
No, no diferent tune needed for summer and winter.

Better to tune it driving normally than on a dyno in my opinion.

You can use any wideband even if you don't connect it to the PC. It's just easier to tune when you can log.

The best place to weld the wideband bung is a minimum 18" from a turbo, but definitely before a catalytic converter.

It will throw multiple cel's and while we can "erase" them every time that doesn't do you any good. So you'd have to to pull them to see what they are.

Yeah, any DTC associated with the motor you can ignore as the stock ECU has no control of it... only thing you'd worry about was if there was a code for the airbag or an auxillary system. Anything like an EGR, VICS, misfire, lean, rich, etc etc are all ignoreable as they have to do with the motor running or a sensor attached to the motor.

The kit won't come with the connectorization standard, but can be provided for an additional cost. That cost is being worked on.

Back