Manual transmission

BenjiHoggi

OEM+
:
Oregon, USA
:
22v Protege5
Hey I’m looking for a manual transmission swap if anyone knows someone selling one. My automatic transmission is going out.
I don't want to be off-putting, but to be completely honest, I don't know that you're going to get a lot of help on here with a project like that. With these cars being as old and relatively cheap as they are, I would think that most people would just buy a factory manual.

With that said, I'm certain that it is both possible and has been done and documented by someone in the past on here. Dig around and see what you can find, and let us know how it goes.

Edit: I realize I may be misreading your post. If you're asking about purchasing a manual trans, then you probably have the other stuff at least somewhat figured out (or you're willing to take the gamble). The WTB and For sale sections on here are a good place to look/post. Good luck!

I don't want to be off-putting, but to be completely honest, I don't know that you're going to get a lot of help on here with a project like that. With these cars being as old and relatively cheap as they are, I would think that most people would just buy a factory manual.

With that said, I'm certain that it is both possible and has been done and documented by someone in the past on here. Dig around and see what you can find, and let us know how it goes.

Edit: I realize I may be misreading your post. If you're asking about purchasing a manual trans, then you probably have the other stuff at least somewhat figured out (or you're willing to take the gamble). The WTB and For sale sections on here are a good place to look/post. Good luck!
Yeah I was looking to buy one, I just did now I just need to find a few more parts for the transmission I’ll check the sale section. Thank you.