Major/ Hopefully Minor issue

BoostedSpd6

Contributor
:
MazdaSpeed 6
Tonight i went to test out my new DDM tuning hid fog light kit, everything was going good.. then i switched to my high beams back and forth a few times spread out over 5 miles or so with the fog lights on and after the last time both the high's and the fog's went out at the same time..I began troubleshooting by checking fuse's and relay's.. which turned up nothing and then checked the bulbs themselves and all my connections which turned up nothing as well. any ideas what it could be, im at a loss.

ouch, that sucks man. do you have a volt meter? if it is a volt/ohm meter then check continuity on your connections and such. Where did you tap in for power? i can tell you what areas to start probing wires.

Do check for more than one fuse as well... i would test them all. Also look for a pinched wire... could have rubbed through the insulation and shorted it out. do not touch the wiring going from the ballast box to the HID bulb, HID means HIGH intensity discharge for a reason!!!! Lots o' voltage!!!

yeah im going to go through it with a volt meter tomorrow and take it all apart and such.. again lol.. the kit they sell is a plug and play with ur stock connections..

went through it this morning.. well about 10 minutes ago.. i blew every bulb out.. but i checked all the conections and they had power just the bulbs werent working.. put in some ones i had laying around and they worked.. so for now no HID in the fogs... but i did notice that when i took the stock fog bulbs out they were H11 55w not H11 35w.. so i think thats where my problem started.. the H11 35w kit was the wrong kit and i need a H11 55w kit. i will be posting this in the DDM thread.

Last edited:
Back