2017~2024 Low oil light and gas gauge

q1054521247q

:
CX5 17GT,21SIG
(Issue 1) So today when I come home from a 300 miles trip. My low oil light comes on. So I waited for 10 minutes to check my oil level and it was not very low. Should I add oil to it or something else is wrong. I have been to the dealership for low oil light issue but they said there is no fix for it and they did replace an oil sending unit. If I'm not mistaken where my oil is at is not low? My last oil change is about 4000 miles ago. I did wipe it off and reinserted it a few times and the car is on level ground (by eye) <let me know if the picture did not post correctly>.

IMG_0648.jpg
IMG_0646.jpg

(issue 2) 2 days ago before the trip, I went to go top off my gas it was not empty I only added 3gal till it clipped. I notice that the digital gas gauge didn't fuel up to max but the analog gas gauge did show up max. This is the first time that I happened. Is there something wrong with it? The second time I fuel up the tank I did notice they are a little closer but still off by about 1/5 of the tank.

IMG_0627.jpg

For gas, I always use top-tier gas stations(Shell, Exxon, QT, and Costco); For oil, I use Mobil 1 5w-30 full synthetic the black label battle. At every oil change, I let it drain for 3 hours and add about 5.25qt (that 0.15 qt extra is used to compensate for the oil burning issue), but most of the time I will have to add a little more when the oil light comes on. The oil filter is the one from the dealership. Do oil change every 5000 miles on the dot.

Sorry, my English is not good.

At every oil change, I let it drain for 3 hours and add about 5.25qt (that 0.15 qt extra is used to compensate for the oil burning issue), but most of the time I will have to add a little more when the oil light comes on. The oil filter is the one from the dealership. Do oil change every 5000 miles on the dot.
There's your problem. You were supposed to let it drain 3.5hrs. no I'm kidding. I assume you have 2.5T since you're using 5w30. I had that issue too and learned to just deal with it and top it off with 1/4qt when the light was on. The sensor is very sensitive and gives you very early warning. Just add a little more oil, don't worry about it, and just enjoy and drive :)

There's your problem. You were supposed to let it drain 3.5hrs. no I'm kidding. I assume you have 2.5T since you're using 5w30. I had that issue too and learned to just deal with it and top it off with 1/4qt when the light was on. The sensor is very sensitive and gives you very early warning. Just add a little more oil, don't worry about it, and just enjoy and drive :)
I have a '17 CX5 NA (no issue with oil light) and a '22 CX5 Turbo.
I am new to this 2.5T engine.
Will keep your advice in mind.

the light should absolutely not be coming on with the oil that high. I would stop by the dealer so they can take a look at it. and show them picture of the dipstick as well

Yeah the oil light should not be coming on that early. Does it go away if you add more oil? Probably a sensor issue.

I think the digital gauge is a range indicator. The estimated range is based on your driving, so maybe it doesn't appear full because of the different driving habits between your 300mi trip and your normal driving?

went to the dealer with the same issue last time and they have already replaced the oil sending unit sensor. This time I went in they told me it's low. "it needs to be at the max hole" I never see an engine requiring the oil at max all the time.

went to the dealer with the same issue last time and they have already replaced the oil sending unit sensor. This time I went in they told me it's low. "it needs to be at the max hole" I never see an engine requiring the oil at max all the time.
BS, and not consistent with owner's manual.

Maybe yours needs to be at max to hide the problem.

Back