I bought the 2020 CX-5 with every option but the turbo engine (which I didn't want). There are many things I love about this car, but there are also many things about the car that are very disappointing and should have been corrected.
- The "auto" climate control system is almost useless. The system blows outside cold air while the car is cold. The fan level is far too high and distracting when the car reaches temperature, and if you turn the fan down the "auto" turns off. The air conditioning interface seems to be buggy so it will blow hot air on one or both sides even when the temperature inside the car is far above the set temperature. The owners manual regarding this system is confusing and needs to be redone.
- The lane assistance correction is not adjustable and just bounces you back and forth between the lines. I've heard the European models have the setting that will actually center you in the lane, making it useful.
- The folding outside mirror software is buggy. Mine are set to fold when the car is locked but sometimes the car will get into a state where the car is locked and the mirrors not folded. Car has to be restarted to reboot.
- The radar controlled cruise control sometimes locks up and ceases to work. Car needs to be restarted to reboot.
- Way too many conditions in the electronics, like tying the parking brake into the sunroof, seat adjustment, etc. I still don't know why the tailgate opens sometimes but not others. It would be one thing if all this functionality was actually intuitive, But you are left guessing and have to resort to the sizeable owner's manual to do mundane things. Just as an example, there are seven pages in the owners manual about how the door locks operate.
- Navigation system is awful and far less functional than android auto, which I now use all the time.