Looking for Protege5 Roof Rack plastic inserts etc

Hey I am new to the forum, I am trying to see if someone by any chance has the plastic inserts for either the delete of the roof rack or the actual plastics the go on the crossbar mine are all done due to wear and weather. They cracked and broke. I know this is a stretch but anything helps.

Thanks.

I been looking for some too. I don't know if you have a pick a part or a pull a part store close to you, but that would be a good place to look. When I got my P5 a few months ago my local pick a part had a P5 & I kick myself in the a** for not going & taking everything I could. Since then it's gone 😭

I was lucky enough to find some at a local yard a while back. Unfortunately, they broke into a million pieces when I tried to remove them, because of how brittle they were from sitting in the sun. I ended up epoxying all of the little broken shards back together and they are on my car now (though I dare not try to remove them). Would recommend only if you are a masochist. Otherwise, be very careful if you find some and want to remove them - I'm sure they're all brittle.

I was going to model them in CAD and try to 3D print my own, but gave up on modeling due to the complex curves and the problem of 3D printed parts softening or melting in the sun. Might pick it back up again though.

I was going to model them in CAD and try to 3D print my own, but gave up on modeling due to the complex curves and the problem of 3D printed parts softening or melting in the sun. Might pick it back up again though.

If you use ABS filament you shouldn't have an issue. PLA is the filament that tends to soften and melt in the sun.

If you use ABS filament you shouldn't have an issue. PLA is the filament that tends to soften and melt in the sun.

That was my thought as well. My main concern was not necessarily ambient temperature itself, but the effects of heat, generated over time by sunlight shining on a black non-reflective surface. I was thinking maybe I could mitigate it by sanding the parts then painting them with something that helped with heat resistance. Who knows, I've never tried it.

Delete strips are probably still around too...iirc last time I saw them new they were like $130.

Back