Liqui-Moly MoS2 Additive good to use? CX-5 Oil Options

:
2014 Mazda CX-5 AWD Touring
I apologize if someone has a thread about this already but i'm in fact lazy and don't want to search for it if it does already exist (a forum no no i understand). Just looking for quick advice

I've been using the Idemitsu Zepro w/Moly in my CX-5 for all of it's oil changes so far, however the Zepro is becoming increasingly difficult to find for some reason. Looking for alternatives. I also drive this car EVERYWHERE plus my 1 hour commute to and from work everyday. Ideally i am trying to find a cost effective solution that provides the benefits the Skyactiv needs.
Options i've found so far:
1. Castrol Edge 0W-20 (as a former Mazda tech this is what we used)
2. Shell Rotella 0W-20 Gas Truck
3. SuperTech 0W-20 (seen many write ups about people getting good UOA's with this)
4. Motul 8100 Eco-Lite (Big fan of Motul, but UOA's i've seen for this have very high Calcium and Sodium numbers) *Expensive and not cost effective i know

I guess what i'm getting at here is can I/ Should i use the MoS2 additive with these oil options as a solution to the lack of access to the Zepro?

I've seen amazing UOA's on here with the Castrol Edge. I figure a boost in the Moly content with the additive would seem to make it the best option.

I've seen everyone talking about running every option that is available in a 0w-20, there are too many options IMO and maybe i'm bias but the Moly is there for a reason.

I apologize if someone has a thread about this already but i'm in fact lazy and don't want to search for it if it does already exist (a forum no no i understand). Just looking for quick advice

I've been using the Idemitsu Zepro w/Moly in my CX-5 for all of it's oil changes so far, however the Zepro is becoming increasingly difficult to find for some reason. Looking for alternatives. I also drive this car EVERYWHERE plus my 1 hour commute to and from work everyday. Ideally i am trying to find a cost effective solution that provides the benefits the Skyactiv needs.
Options i've found so far:
1. Castrol Edge 0W-20 (as a former Mazda tech this is what we used)
2. Shell Rotella 0W-20 Gas Truck
3. SuperTech 0W-20 (seen many write ups about people getting good UOA's with this)
4. Motul 8100 Eco-Lite (Big fan of Motul, but UOA's i've seen for this have very high Calcium and Sodium numbers) *Expensive and not cost effective i know

I guess what i'm getting at here is can I/ Should i use the MoS2 additive with these oil options as a solution to the lack of access to the Zepro?

I've seen amazing UOA's on here with the Castrol Edge. I figure a boost in the Moly content with the additive would seem to make it the best option.

I've seen everyone talking about running every option that is available in a 0w-20, there are too many options IMO and maybe i'm bias but the Moly is there for a reason.
I’ve been using Mazda moly 0W-20 since my 2016 CX-5 was new. You still can get it with a price not much higher.

Among the list of oils, I personally would use Castrol Edge 0W-20. But I won’t add any MoS2 additive with Castrol Edge though. I have a 1998 Honda CR-V with 185K miles. The engine burns little oil at this time by using Castrol GTX 5W-30 conventional oil all of its life. I trust Castrol.

you can get Mazda 0w-20 moly oil from the dealer parts dept. it's the same as the Idemitsu. i'm still seeing the Idemitsu high moly oil on Amazon

Definitely agree with the above post, couple questions for the OP.

1. How is the vehicle driven?
2. Any towing?
3. How long do you plan to keep the vehicle.

I have a 14 CX-5 also and usually keep vehicles 10-15 yrs 200 - 300 k mi.

I usually use Ravenol or Amsoil bumper to bumper in my rides, when I first bought the CX-5 back in January I used Supertech 0w20, the UOA came back great, so if you use yours as daily driver use Supertech with confidence.

Anything more demanding it might be cheaper in the long run to protect against engine wear a bit better i'd use Motul that you mentioned or something else with a PAO or Ester base oil. ie; Ravenol, Amsoil or Redline etc.

I've personally ran LM MoS2 in other vehicles, it did make the engine quiet compared to running without it, didn't seam to make much difference on a few UOA that I had done, This was on a Hyundai XG350L 3.5L.

This thread is over three years old and the OP hasn’t been back to the forum since July 2020 - he won’t see your post.

This thread is over three years old and the OP hasn’t been back to the forum since July 2020 - he won’t see your post.
Side note…Responding to “old” threads is not a crime, in fact it’s perfectly fine. There are many “old” threads that are still very relevant and people are not always responding with a question, they’re often adding their findings which only adds to the thread’s value.

Please keep that in mind, thanks…Now back to the thread topic.

Back