Limited Edition Mazda 2001 Protege MP3, LaserBlue - $2300 - New Jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.

roni

:
2001 Mazda Protege MP3
Limited Edition Mazda 2001 Protege MP3, LaserBlue - $2300 - New Jersey

Updated post on Craigslist, http://cnj.craigslist.org/cto/4139943379.html, reposting here for enthusiast community!! Added new parts! Pics on Craigslist are newer than attachments here, (were updated last week),

PRICE NEGOTIABLE, will take best offer

Local buyers only

Targeted towards enthusiasts, Mazda made a limited edition (only 1,500 made) Protege in 2001 in only two colors. Called the Protege MP3, it was released with upgrades, the 2.0L 4cyl engine with an advanced timing ECU to provide additional horsepower (rated at 140hp) racing beat 17" wheels and a suspension. Manual transmission. The color is Laser Blue Mica and the car looks pretty from the outside and on the inside as well with metallic trim on the dash and seats and Mazda includes a subwoofer in the trunk.

The car for sale has just under 170k (169,400k) miles on it but has a newer engine with only about 90k miles.

I'm willing to entertain any reasonable offer, I wanted to keep it but have another Mazda already.

Very attractive car, gets frequent compliments. Car starts very well, no check engine lights, drove it into the garage last week for an oil change. K&N washable air filter included. Car has Alpine CD /MP3 stereo with iPod cable included. Rear windows tinted. I also have a set of snow tires for this car. New parts just added: new battery, alternator, serpentine belts, copper spark plugs, oil and oil filter.

Never had an issue with emissions, vehicle was last titled in Virginia (which also requires emissions tests). I bought this car used years ago. Car drives but it needs new rear brakes and a new clutch (I already bought a replacement clutch and I can include this in the sale). I intended to replace the clutch but I bought a new Mazda instead. It sat for quite a while unused because of this. There are a few scratches and dings and there is a small ~6" rust spot on the rear driver's side wheel well.

Please message or call me if interested for additional details (609) 630-0881.

Includes lots of limited edition parts that will hopefully hold their value (many parts can be used on non-limited edition Proteges too)!!

If you are not familiar with the vehicle. here's a good review car and driver did when it was released:
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/mazda-protege-mp3-first-drive-review

Here's some detailed pictures of the style and trim of the Mazda Protege MP3:
http://www.kbb.com/mazda/protege/2001-mazda-protege/mp3-sedan-4d-photos/

Attachments

• IMG_1509.JPG
    IMG_1509.JPG
    479.1 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_1510.JPG
    IMG_1510.JPG
    486.3 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_1514.JPG
    IMG_1514.JPG
    544.4 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_1508.JPG
    IMG_1508.JPG
    570.3 KB · Views: 169
  • photomp3.JPG
    photomp3.JPG
    634.9 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Bah, if their wasn't rust I'd be all over it. I hate rust and salted roads. Good luck with your sale.

Bah, if their wasn't rust I'd be all over it. I hate rust and salted roads. Good luck with your sale.

Lovmyrx7, yeah I agree that salted roads are really annoying here in the northeast. Just to clarify, I went outside and snapped a photo of the one rust spot on the car as I would prefer to be completely forthcoming so you can the one spot on the car that is affected.

Attachments

• IMG_1547.JPG
    IMG_1547.JPG
    448.7 KB · Views: 113
Car is now sold, reluctantly. But I'm very glad it has a new home. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back