Killed:

dosle

:
2k3.5 p5 ftw!
street racing is awesome, lets get that out of the way now.

#1) early 90's jetta. status: pwned from a 40mph 'go', pwned from a red light, no roll. i was quite surprised.

#2) 04 Lancer. status: (p)owned from a 60mph start walking up to 120-ish mph. looked to be quite modded. driver was a good sport.

this was my first real race in Milwaukee all taking place on the lake shore drive which turns into the Hoan street bridge which is awesome and barren after 3am :)
hoan.jpg

(rockon)(rockon)(rockon)

Last edited:
that bridge is actually used in the Blues Brothers movie car chase

i've been ok, really busy with work. might attend the import bbq w/ steve bryan and others later today

no. forgot i took my list out of the sig.

K&n typhoon intake SRI
OBX 4-1 header

guess thats it

it might have been the OZ one, it was debadged and i didn't get a good look at the rims.

the bridge is pretty awesome though at night, like something right out of Tokyo Extreme racer. plus it continues at highway under an airport for 4 more miles which looks bad ass too

dosle said:
no. forgot i took my list out of the sig.

K&n typhoon intake SRI
OBX 4-1 header

guess thats it
At what rpm do you shift? I feel like the engine doesn't make any power past 4.5K. Maybe not exactly that, but there's a big drop off.

i was running in auto mode, BUT when i do 'launch' in manu-matic it usually switch at 3.5-4.5rpm

Emode said:
where the hell is that? is it more south or north?

Rob, if you go all the way east theres Lake Drive or something, goes on the lake for maybe 2 miles. Taken south it goes past the big crazy art museum thing and summerfest. the bridge goes directly over summerfest/Marcus Ampitheatre. bitchin area to race in if you can line up with some people.

Dim said:
You think it's due to restriction? Good point!

oh yes, especially with some adjustable jspec in/ex cams it would benefit the car even further if adjusted correctly for the difference in air in and exh out.

still want a msp tho

when i had my p5 i did something here and there to help air flow, but it just seemed like i was making like 0 progress. i had headers, exhaust, intake, maybe if i had some aftermarket cams it woulda helped. Sounds like ur car is making much more progress then myne.

Back