Key fob died,.... i think

:
97camaroSS e30 318is Spicy #1348
Had a key fob die all of the sudden, so I changed the battery. It didn't work, so I went through the programming sequence and got nothing. It would not finish the sequence, as in it would not do the final step(any button on the fob twice to link to car).

I checked all the fuses, besides that, anyone know any possible things to look at?

That sucks....thought it would be some kind of fuse thing. It died suddenly.

Gonna search junk yards for a replacement. Might buy a Autozone replacement

Haven't got around to buying another fob, but I noticed something.

The drivers side key will lock and unlock the drivers door, but will only lock all the doors. The drivers side key hole will not unlock the other doors. I tried from the passengers side and it will lock and unlock ALL the doors

Can this be related to my key fob issue?

Possibly, but I think you have to twist the key twice for it to unlock the rest of the doors.

Yes, I did known that.

Anyone know if a bad actuator will make the key fob useless? I'm wondering if it is just coincidence, bad actuator 1st, then battery dies on fob. Then, not being able to reprogram fob with new battery because the car can run the lock and unlock sequences correctly

I'll try that today, but I could have sworn that mine opened with a double turn

Well, back to square one. Key fob is probably dead. I held the open position like suggested and it opened all the doors

Back