JB4 Mazda 2.5T Development

Hey @Terry@BMS do you guys have any updates on progress for the tune you guys are working on? It's way too cold to drive the 335i (it's gutted), and I'm getting the itch to modify the mazda3 lol. Hope you and everyone at Burger tuning had a great holiday and happy new year!

Did we every get a clear answer on this applying to the CX9 (2016 and up)?
I thought I remember seeing somewhere on this forum maybe, that the CX9 or certain years with the 2.5T are on a different architecture for engine management than newer applications of the 2.5T? Maybe I was dreaming

Did we every get a clear answer on this applying to the CX9 (2016 and up)?
I thought I remember seeing somewhere on this forum maybe, that the CX9 or certain years with the 2.5T are on a different architecture for engine management than newer applications of the 2.5T? Maybe I was dreaming

Nope you weren't dreaming, I saw that too. I found the post, quoting it again here:

I talked To Daniel from DR Tuning Friday and he told me that he has abandoned tuning work on the 2016-2018 2.5T because it uses the gen3 computer and only deals with the CX-9 and the 2018 Mazda 6. So he is going to start working on the gen4 computer which covers more platforms which will with give him a head start on the new gen5 which will be coming out soon. So for all of us that have 2016-2018 CX-9's are probably out to lunch. With the new Mazda 3 coming out I guarantee all of the tuners will be jumping in for that platform.

That post was from the beginning of August last year. I'm not sure if DRTuned has made any headway since then.

However, all that said, Burger Motorsports has said that they plan to offer the tunes for all 2.5T engines. I'm not sure if that will change in the future, but that is what they said.

Very excited to see how this application applies to the CX-9.

I wouldn't be opposed to a conservative extra 30 HP or a little more at +5k RPM.

Want to preorder and just waiting for the restock to get the same price...Patiently waiting. Need to wake this CX-5 GT-Reserve up!

Attachments

• D2046061-2191-4A2A-8FA6-AEF053567AED.png
    D2046061-2191-4A2A-8FA6-AEF053567AED.png
    101.1 KB · Views: 235
I'm very glad you guys are starting this development and I cannot wait to see numbers! I just bought a CX-30 Turbo and incredibly excited for more support for this engine!

I’m curious to see what they can do. I’m not wild about the idea of a piggyback tuner but until Cobb decides to get in the game, this seems to be the only option on the horizon.

I’m curious of the 2.5T has enough headroom in the stock fuel system for high ethanol mixes and how much of a detriment the air-to-water charge cooler in the 3 and CX-30 is vs a front mount intercooler.

Will you guys be looking into the cold temp power cut on the CX5?
There's a thread in the CX5 forum about it.
Below ~20F, lack of power in 1st and 2nd gear.

Apparently the power cut may also be applicable in higher gears as well. At least one owner reported a noticeable power cut when accelerating at WOT from 40-80 in temps below 20F.

I talked to Terry about it and they haven’t come across anything on the Mazda 3. He asked that I send him some pics of the CX-5’s MAP/TMAP connectors so they can get a basic system up and running to collect some data.

@Terry@BMS I have a 2020 6 2.5T. Just checked your site and the beta is out of stock. Do you have a timeline as to when you might have more available or when it will be out of beta?

The site says backordered but I'm guessing it hasn't released yet, anyways excited to wait for a finished product!

It's been a headache producing them due to industry wide shortages. So far we've only been able to get around 20 systems out. We'll open up ordering on the website later this week probably with a disclaimer that shipments may be delayed a few weeks as we struggle to catch up.

It's been a headache producing them due to industry wide shortages. So far we've only been able to get around 20 systems out. We'll open up ordering on the website later this week probably with a disclaimer that shipments may be delayed a few weeks as we struggle to catch up.

Thank you for the update @Terry@BMS, very much appreciated!! (y)

Back