J&S For Protege's - Soon to be Discontinued

TurfBurn

:
'01 Yellow MP3 #1026
John is running out of chips and the slow sales etc it sounds like there is a chance the unit we've all used to date will cease to exist in the next 6 months (he will continue to support them...) so if you want a unit you should hurry... only 10 or 12 chips left I guess. There will be a new model to replace what is being discontinued, but I believe ETA and pricing are unknown at this time. I don't think Protege owners will be out of luck, it just may be a bit before the new unit is available and the price is unkown.

Later!

Steve

Last edited:
We might be able to do a GB, but those haven't worked out well in the past.

We sell the units at 525 plus shipping right now.

Install is simple! Harness with the knock sensor thru the firewall along with a vac line run next to the stock harness. Tap into your stock ECU for power, one wire for each coil 1&2, 3&4 and a ground. I put my sensor in the front bottom of the block where there was a bracket I believe for my stock pre-cat. Cleaned the crap out of the hole by running a tap in the hole and threading the sensor in there and done. Maybe 1 hour and the hardest part was getting thu the firewall. I mounted the unit behind the glove compartment zip-tied to the ac/heater controls.

TurfBurn said:
John is running out of chips and the slow sales etc it sounds like there is a chance the unit we've all used to date will cease to exist in the next 6 months (he will continue to support them...) so if you want a unit you should hurry... only 10 or 12 chips left I guess. There will be a new model to replace what is being discontinued, but I believe ETA and pricing are unknown at this time. I don't think Protege owners will be out of luck, it just may be a bit before the new unit is available and the price is unkown.

Later!

Steve
s***. i need one.

Bump! I have one on hand... and there are only like 3-5 chips left i guess now.

Thanks!

Steve

How do those of us with microtech and X4 with coils go about hooking one of these up? any issues Steve? I'm keen but want to cure any potential wiring hickups before i commit....

How do those of us with microtech and X4 with coils go about hooking one of these up? any issues Steve? I'm keen but want to cure any potential wiring hickups before i commit....

Im interested in finding that out too.

I can get it setup to work... it's just be a custom unit from John... you may even be lucky enough to run the newer Vampire units as well with that setup. But it's definitely doable... it'll tap the lines going to the X4 unit basically.

Latest posts

Back