Is there an option for rear view mirror w/camera?

sbmrinaldi

:
07 CX9 Grand Touring FWD
I thought I read in the accessories column in the CX-9 brochure that there will be an option for a rear view camera that is some how tied to a rear camera. I wanted to get the navi, but really only for the camera for safety reasons with my kids.

sbmrinaldi said:
I thought there will be an option for a rear view camera that is some how tied to a rear camera.

yeah - and you need to have at least ONE monitor (screen) to view the (both) cameras (glare)

Actually, I believe that option (not currently available) will port the rearview camera to a portion of the rear-view mirror. CMIIW (burnout)

That is what I thought was the idea of that option. I am just debating on holding off the install of the electromatic mirror with homelink which was getting installed next week. I wanted Homelink for the car.

The Navigation package comes with rear view camera. When you go into reverse the Navi screen displays what on the camera... I have it... and it works fine.

sbmrinaldi said:
I thought I read in the accessories column in the CX-9 brochure that there will be an option for a rear view camera that is some how tied to a rear camera. I wanted to get the navi, but really only for the camera for safety reasons with my kids.

sbmrinaldi said:
That is what I thought was the idea of that option. I am just debating on holding off the install of the electromatic mirror with homelink which was getting installed next week. I wanted Homelink for the car.

You can always buy a 3 button Homelink directly from Homelink. I just got one for my motorcycle and love it. It works my 2 electric pasture gates and my garage door. Look at their website. http://www.homelink.com

lazyace13 said:
You can always buy a 3 button Homelink directly from Homelink. I just got one for my motorcycle and love it. It works my 2 electric pasture gates and my garage door. Look at their website. http://www.homelink.com

That is not a whole lot cheaper than the mirror with Homelink and would look tacky in my opinion.

Back