Is it true CX-5 Rear Camber cannot be adjusted?

:
2018 CX5
So, when I looked at the Toyo tires that I just replaced at 32K there was slightly more wear on the inside than the outside, suggesting too much negative camber. (If I look closely at the rear wheels, I can see the bottom is angled very slightly out). I read that the rear camber is fixed and cannot be adjusted. Is that true? Also, do they make all CX5s with negative rear camber from the factory?

Only thing adjustable is toe, front and back, as is true for a lot of cars these days. I'm not sure of the exact specs. Make sure you cross rotate them per owners manual, not front to back.

Good to know...thanks. I've always had them rotated front to back, keeping the tires on the same side. Interesting that only toe can be adjusted.

So, when I looked at the Toyo tires that I just replaced at 32K there was slightly more wear on the inside than the outside, suggesting too much negative camber. (If I look closely at the rear wheels, I can see the bottom is angled very slightly out). I read that the rear camber is fixed and cannot be adjusted. Is that true? Also, do they make all CX5s with negative rear camber from the factory?

I think others make them too but here is one option. I just ordered a set and will let the forum know in time how they work.

ak-233__1.jpg

If the inside of tires on each side wear faster then add a quarter round of toe in...

I think others make them too but here is one option. I just ordered a set and will let the forum know in time how they work.

View attachment 311824
I have these installed on my corksport dropped 19’. I had about 3 degrees of camber prior to install and these fixed it.

But in typical cheap materials, they did rust quite quickly.

Zoomed in photo for reference. Don’t mind the quality.

Attachments

• B6721DC8-E4E1-427A-AF01-981886C94209.png
    B6721DC8-E4E1-427A-AF01-981886C94209.png
    143.5 KB · Views: 179
I have these installed on my corksport dropped 19’. I had about 3 degrees of camber prior to install and these fixed it.

But in typical cheap materials, they did rust quite quickly.

Zoomed in photo for reference. Don’t mind the quality.
Which part of the Godspeed camber arms rusted? I know the arm is aluminum so I'm guessing the rest of it?

View attachment 311824

Update:

On now. So far, so good.

Hefty things and there is a lot of adjustability although for whatever reason, I appear to be right about 0 camber before I put them on after lowering the vehicle via a coilover setup (actually, divorced spring and shock on the rear of course). Others set up with lowering springs seem to have a lot of camber change and that's why I thought I would need these. Probably not, but at least they are on for tweaking.

A quick follow up everyone with the Godspeed option... still holding up okay?
ak-233_2_1.jpg

I also see options from

possibly Megan Racing (KE only?)
mrs-mz-1689-1.jpg

Possibly Corksport (KE only?)
Mazda-3-adjustable-Camber-Arms-700.jpg

and this homebrew looking japanese version
o0480032113879918786.jpg

SPC has an option to replace the lower arm (I think)

shopping

Going out on a limb...

Here's my thinking... if the godspeed (KE and KF) option is working for people, and the corksport option is for the 2014-2018 Mazda 3, 2013-2017 Mazda 6, 2013-2016 CX5, why couldn't we be using the beefier... more appropriate looking SPC Mazda 6 option?
SPC_Mazda6_ford_fusion_rear_camber_arm_kit_67425_zephyr_mkz_milan_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Last edited:
I just ordered the SPC lower arm. This arm is listed as a camber/toe adjustment arm so I am also confused. Will I not be able to adjust camber on the rear? The SPC arm looks nothing like the rest.

picked these up off ebay for my project. They were the most OEM that I could find.

Search "cx-5 rear control arms" and they show up nestled in with the other options available.

1688099631012.png

A quick follow up everyone with the Godspeed option... still holding up okay?
ak-233_2_1.jpg

I also see options from

possibly Megan Racing (KE only?)
mrs-mz-1689-1.jpg

Possibly Corksport (KE only?)
Mazda-3-adjustable-Camber-Arms-700.jpg

and this homebrew looking japanese version
o0480032113879918786.jpg

SPC has an option to replace the lower arm (I think)

shopping

Going out on a limb...

Here's my thinking... if the godspeed (KE and KF) option is working for people, and the corksport option is for the 2014-2018 Mazda 3, 2013-2017 Mazda 6, 2013-2016 CX5, why couldn't we be using the beefier... more appropriate looking SPC Mazda 6 option?
SPC_Mazda6_ford_fusion_rear_camber_arm_kit_67425_zephyr_mkz_milan_1024x1024@2x.jpg

So far so good with Godspeed option.

Latest posts

Back