Invite Your Friends!

Blendercloud

Contributor
:
2007 Mazdaspeed 6 Sport
Hey Everyone,

I'm now the Missouri Moderator having been a Mod on other parts of the forum for a little while now. My name's Chris and I'm in the Kirkwood area of St. Louis. This is the first Mazda I've owned and so far I'm quite pleased with the car. I come from a background of dirt/oval track as well as drag racing.

I grew up building engines and tuning race car suspension with my dad in western, rural Missouri. I went to Mizzou before spending an enlistment in the Marine Corps. I came to St. Louis for work after getting out and enjoy the city. I work for an engineering firm in St. Louis that designs power plants now.

My latest hobby is autocross. I've been going out to the Boeing facility this summer to join some other folks and autocross. Anyone in the St. Louis area is welcome to join. Very informal, cheap, and a lot of fun. My other hobbies (when I have a garage to put them in) are a 1998 Ducati 916SPS and a 1971 SS Nova (true SS).

The Nova has lived the live of a drag car since the mid-70's. Most of my time with it was spent prior to leaving for the Marines. The best pass I saw was 8.91 @ 171mph. Once my fiance and I move to a house with a garage (stupid condo) I'll bring those toys up and start having some real fun again.

Anyway, more to the point of this post. This is who I am, and this is what I do. If you guys would like to introduce yourselves as well, please do! This board has been dead for far too long. Also, feel free to invite your local friends to join and talk as well. Mazda or not, I don't care. Just as long as they're a Missouri or somewhat close resident (or just not an asshat).

If you guys have questions about the board, cars, or anything in general feel free to post it up and we can discuss it. You're also more than welcome to PM me as well. Let's get this board back up and running!

Thanks!
Chris

Also...

I went through and cleaned up our boards. There was a lot of junk left over from the last two years or so that was inactive or pointless.

Subbin' a spot, I'll get some main points down.

-I'm 17.

-I play lacrosse and wrestle for Lafayette High School.

-My prize possession is my Mazda3 though I'm debating (thanks to BlenderCloud's advice) to trade it in for a Speed3, hopefully on in Black Mica that won't cost so much, can't seem to find any on AutoTrader or CarSoup.

-I live in Ballwin and Chesterfield.

-I spend most of my time working out, hanging out at concerts or working on my friend 67 Mustand he just bought for 800, runs, with a good condition V8 engine and absolutely no body on it, haha, rust piece of crap will eventually be a beautiful American Musclecar.

-I love working on cars and taking things apart and figuring how they work so I'm still looking for more knowledge on cars and things.

-I plan to be in the military, headed to Virginia Military Institute next year, after which I'll be in the Navy/Marines. After I'm out I plan to either live on the East Coast, Here, or in Colorado (Steamboat is my favorite place in the world).

-I'm kind of an all around kind of person, I play sports, work on cars, play video games, live on the forums, intelligent kid (4.0 gpa) and I could not imagine living without a Mazda.

I'll add more in a bit.

-Sean

I'll bump this thread.

The name is Scott. I have met a few of the people on this board before I went MIA for 3 years. I'm back but no longer have the MS6, traded it in for a CX9 since we had another kid (2), other car is a 04 6s.

anyway, I used to autocross very briefly for 2 summers back in 03 and 04 when they were still doing it at riverport, back then i was driving a civic, i did autox my msp a couple of times. It was a blast and there were some amazing cars.

I'm a pretty boring person but i love my mazdas. cya around.

the tri-dub checking in (wentzville, warrenton and wriiight city). been there a few times. weird though, the wife is just now having a second kid, drives an 04 6s, used to have an msp and i just got my ms6.....stalker! haha.

the tri-dub checking in (wentzville, warrenton and wriiight city). been there a few times. weird though, the wife is just now having a second kid, drives an 04 6s, used to have an msp and i just got my ms6.....stalker! haha.
Now that I am in OSS I'm working at my Step-Father's Steel yard in Wright City/Warrenton each day till next Friday.

Name is John

I'm 24, and a Mechanical Engineer.

I live in Chesterfield, drive a '96 Ford Probe GT, which I am currently building. Hoping to have it together by mid summer.

I am basically running the Missouri Probe/MX6/MX3/626 Club. I will post up any time we are having meets, I like getting to know other Mazda enthusiasts and seeing new faces!

Back