Instrument panel reflection on windshield

It's about 10PM on the east coast. I just got back from dinner.

Guess what I noticed for the first time? Not only the instrument cluster reflection but the Infotainment Screen as well. I wasn't thinking about it at all, it just seemed to "be there" pretty brightly.

Actually, I noticed it on the drive out. On the ride home I didn't even think about it.

I'm 5'10"

I now apologize for my snarky visor picture.
Serves me right...

Seriously, I wonder if there are certain conditions where it is more prominent than others. The windshield interior was fogged up enough when I left to cause the camera-driven systems to be disabled for a while.

It's about 10PM on the east coast. I just got back from dinner.

Guess what I noticed for the first time? Not only the instrument cluster reflection but the Infotainment Screen as well. I wasn't thinking about it at all, it just seemed to "be there" pretty brightly.

Actually, I noticed it on the drive out. On the ride home I didn't even think about it.

I'm 5'10"

I now apologize for my snarky visor picture.
Serves me right...

Seriously, I wonder if there are certain conditions where it is more prominent than others. The windshield interior was fogged up enough when I left to cause the camera-driven systems to be disabled for a while.

I'm not so bothered by the infotainment screen reflection because it's to the right, but the instrument panel reflection is crazy because it's right in front of me.

All Mazda had to do was to extend the instrument panel cover on the dash by an inch or so to have no reflection.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)
716J0eIpBsL._SL1500_.jpg

It costs 12 bucks. I am not sure if this fits CX5 Gen 2 but you can try.

I'm not so bothered by the infotainment screen reflection because it's to the right, but the instrument panel reflection is crazy because it's right in front of me.

All Mazda had to do was to extend the instrument panel cover on the dash by an inch or so to have no reflection.
Not an issue for me. I wonder if it has to do with the seating position [height + distance] from the wheel?

Back