In the pursuit of power: WickedMS3's Intro

WickedMS3

:
2010 Mazdaspeed 3
Keeping it stock I said.... LMAO.

Bought a 2010 Speed3 with 23,585 miles back in May. Stock with 20% tint. I had a 2005 Cobalt SS/SC before but after 6 years of ownership and various setups over the years my last dyno was with a TVS 1.3L blower, ported head, E85, I/H/E etc. 362hp/318tq. Unfortunately it became an electrical nightmare last fall and for the last 6 months before parting it out down to the frame was only on the road a total of 6 wks. $3k in labor/parts later, I gave up and said **** it. I had a 2006 Mazda 3 hatch before the cobalt and decided to go back to the import side.

Well here's the progress after 2 months (We all know how a stock 2010+ Speed looks). Couple minor cosmetics, blacked out rear bumper (why wasn't this stock... well it is now on the 2013) and Chargespeed lip

MS3frontlip1.jpg
MS3frontlip2.jpg
MS3rearbumper.jpg

Corksport short ram intake and turbo inlet pipe, JBR short shift plate, JBR solid shifter bushings. Hooked up my new Cobb Accessport last week and loaded a canned Cobb Stage 1 tune. Wasn't impressed over how it had felt with the stock map and intake/inlet pipe.

Cobb Stage 1 CS+TIP+93: 243hp/276tq

stageonedyno.jpg

Got down to business with fueling, wastegate control, and PSI and after some simple minor changes: 258hp/307tq. Not shabby for starters. Can't wait for E85 to get back in at the local station

stockdyno1.jpg

My '05 Cobalt SS/SC. Now scattered parts across the country lol

17540_1368704057579_6822552_n.jpg

264819_2221743263026_4235050_n.jpg

^^Taken at the old Chevy Trailblazer plant in Moraine, OH

Last edited:
I have a UL DP and TP for sale off my 2010 speed.
Would you be interested? With FP internals and those parts and stage 2 map you would be impressed.

Welcome! I see you're in Ohio make sure you check out the Ohio section of the forum. There's a big group of us that get together pretty frequently.

I have a UL DP and TP for sale off my 2010 speed.
Would you be interested? With FP internals and those parts and stage 2 map you would be impressed.

Not looking to go further than what I have for the time being, unless it's catted and for a killer price lol

Welcome!!

Hey James! This is "Wicked" from MSF.org btw. Funny thing tho, my car has some SERIOUS vibes at idle, with/without AC (slightly worse with). When I first put your rmm in on July 12, it vibed slightly (100% bareable and barely noticed) but it's turned into a violent vibe in the condition stated. I've checked the bolts and they are in spec, been 800 miles since install

Hey man!!

The bolts may feel tight or even be tight according to the torque wrench. Loosen them and retorque. I think you'll be fine.

Thanks,
Jamie

It's very inconsistent on when it does it w/o ac, and it's only ever at idle...but who's idling long in a Speed anyway? It's blasphamy to not be in motion lol. I'll retorque them tonight

Back