Identifying a dash button on 2008 Mazda3

Brian.D.N

:
2008 Mazda 5 GT
We just acquired a 2008 Mazda3 4 door hatchback from my Mother-in-Law. The only thing I haven't figured out is the right most button in the cluster to the left of the steering wheel. Can anyone help me? My MIL had no idea what it did and there's no mention of this button in the manual.

20210710_092025.jpg
20210710_092019.jpg

That's not a Mazda button. Someone installed that, so who the hell knows? Looks like a picture of a phone though?

Upvote 0
Does look like a phone and as far as I can tell not a damn thing happens. MIL got it from the Dealer that way...I'll open the dash and have a look when I can. I THOUGHT she got it new, maybe "slightly used" like the one she just got. I'll also investigate the history.

Upvote 0
If it does something like activate Bluetooth, you wouldn't know unless you had your phone search for it.

Upvote 0
I've been occupied with work stuff...I think I tried having Bluetooth active and didn't see anything. But it was weeks ago. I also have some connections in the center console that may not be factory. I'll need to connect to those and try the button as well.

Upvote 0
Back