I know the CX-5 is a nice car but...

MikeM.

:
2013 Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD 2.0L
Please do not cling to your CX-5 if someone is trying to steal it, no matter how much love you feel for it:

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/solihull-m...road-by-thief-who-stole-his-mazda-cx5-1515944

Now the journalist, Lewis Dean who wrote this story, needs a lesson in not jumping to conclusions and making assumptions because he wrote:

"It is not known how many people were involved or whether this was a targeted attack or an opportunistic thief cashing-in on a running car left with the keys in the ignition."

I'll bet Lewis Dean $100 the keys were not in the ignition. (headshake

Last edited:
I keep a little something called a LCP .380 in my front right pocket for such occasions :)

"Here let me give you the key....it's in my FRONT RIGHT POCKET" (cheerbanana)

I keep a little something called a LCP .380 in my front right pocket for such occasions :)

"Here let me give you the key....it's in my FRONT RIGHT POCKET" (cheerbanana)

If they try to pull that on me, they're gonna get greeted with a S&W Shield 40. Do it to my wife, and they're gonna be staring down the barrel of Kimber 45. Try to steal it out my garage and my Mossberg 930 SPX semiauto 12 gauge will make Swiss cheese out of them, along with the inside of my garage....And don't f _ _ k with Unobtanium's CX-5, I'm sure his is well protected also!

Last edited:
If they try to pull that on me, they're gonna get greeted with a S&W Shield 40. Do it to my wife, and they're gonna be staring down the barrel of Kimber 45. Try to steal it out my garage and my Mossberg 930 SPX semiauto 12 gauge will make Swiss cheese out of them, along with the inside of my garage....

Wow! Some people take their stuff quite seriously!

I would walk away and buy another CX-5 with the insurance money rather than fall asleep every night wondering if he would have turned his life around and had a wonderful family someday when he was in a better situation. Besides, it's attempted murder (murder if successful) to shoot someone fleeing in your car. Absolutely foolish to risk the Federal Penitentiary when you're not threatened. Things are just things and can be replaced.

I'm about 40 miles out of NYC.

It's not that I take it seriously or not....but for me at some point you need to stand up for what's yours otherwise you'll get walked on all your life.

If I lose my life...well, I will have tried to protect myself, my family and our belongings.

It's not murder if you feel threatened and protecting yourself.

As for his future....I could care less. Not concerned about a thief's future.

I'd much rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

If they try to pull that on me, they're gonna get greeted with a S&W Shield 40. Do it to my wife, and they're gonna be staring down the barrel of Kimber 45. Try to steal it out my garage and my Mossberg 930 SPX semiauto 12 gauge will make Swiss cheese out of them, along with the inside of my garage....And don't f _ _ k with Unobtanium's CX-5, I'm sure his is well protected also!

I loves me my Kimber >>>

And my S&W 647 - 357

AND JUST IN CASE >>>

If they come in my garage I have this
631st_Tank_Battalion_(9).jpg

I loves me my Kimber >>>

Cool, another gun lover after my own heart! (thumb) But you should not have done that DBLXX, with all the pics (I am refraining from posting mine). Now Unobtabium is gonna feel obligated to humble us all and post all of his with the extensive AR and AK collection! (headbang)

As for his future....I could care less. Not concerned about a thief's future.

I'd much rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

+1 - At least where I am, we still have a right to protect oneself, family and property.

Shoot a carjacker - justified
Shoot home invaders (including stealing a car from your garage) - justified
Shoot someone who steals your car and tries to run you over while you resist - justified

Home AND car are included in the Castle Doctrine in GA.
Don't give a good s*** about some low-life thief's future..... he should have thought about the consequences before he does the deed.

I don't personally want to shoot someone for stealing my car because I have good insurance and I just don't want to deal with the aftermath whether I am within my rights or not. That said, I'm not mad when a carjacker gets shot. Makes other potential car thieves think twice. The chances of getting carjacked in a CX-5 have to be pretty dang slim, though... It's not exactly a high end sports car or an Escalade.

Unfortunately the incident happened in the UK where it's against the law to carry guns so there is little he could have done. I agree that something bad should happen to the worthless low lifes. The excuse will be "My mummy did not like me", "My psychologist says I had a bad upbringing so what else can I do?", "All my mates do it", "I was bullied at school", "I'm classed as Special Needs", "I can't afford a car so I'll take it out on someone who preaches peace and goodwill just for the irony". (Sorry, they won't think the final statement as they are too stupid and thick)

Had a bad day (sorry)

Jonno21

Wow, if you feel physically threatened by someone attempting to flee in a car you left idling near the entrance to your church than you would be more of a wuss than I.

Just like wuss cops who shoot unarmed men through the drivers window because they started to drive off. It's only self defense if they make a move to run you down and you shoot them through the windshield. If they're fleeing away from you, good luck.

It was a general statement.

Threaten me and put me in fear of my life - you're going down - period.

Please do not cling to your CX-5 if someone is trying to steal it, no matter how much love you feel for it:

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/solihull-m...road-by-thief-who-stole-his-mazda-cx5-1515944

Now the journalist, Lewis Dean who wrote this story, needs a lesson in not jumping to conclusions and making assumptions because he wrote:

"It is not known how many people were involved or whether this was a targeted attack or an opportunistic thief cashing-in on a running car left with the keys in the ignition."

I'll bet Lewis Dean $100 the keys were not in the ignition. (headshake

Meh. They can have it. It's not worth the legal fees to shoot someone over when you have insurance, why bother? However, carjackings are almost always fatal. If I were in the vehicle, I'd apply force as necessary, up to and including a potentially lethal response.

I think the problem is with Mazda's programming. If the key FOB is not in the car then the car should turn off once you put your foot on the brake. That is how most of the other cars out there are programmed.

Back