I got my 91 RX-7!!!!!!

ZoomZoomH

:
a Mulligan
I just got it Thursday, very excited about it, been driving it all morning, gonna go take it for another spin in a few minutes!!!

I love this car!!!! :D :D :D

here are some pics :)

rx7_protege_002_small.jpg

rx7_protege_005_small.jpg

rx7_protege_008_small.jpg

ahhh, the 91 Coupe. Only year with those rims. Only three RX7's made that year, the Coupe, the Convertible, and the Turbo.

How many miles does it have.

i too just bought an RX-7...88 10th anniversary ed....just like the mp3, only 1500 made. still in the shop though, getting a new engine. will take pics as soon as its out.

Let me know what I can do for you. RX7's are my life.

Rishie

check out rx7club.com or Teamfc3s.org I'm ARD T2

GOTZOOM? said:
ahhh, the 91 Coupe. Only year with those rims. Only three RX7's made that year, the Coupe, the Convertible, and the Turbo.

How many miles does it have.

those were the only models they ever had from 87 on up with the exception of 86 which they only N/A coupe. 89 was when they started the convertibles i believe

twiztedjeckel said:

those were the only models they ever had from 87 on up with the exception of 86 which they only N/A coupe. 89 was when they started the convertibles i believe

Wrong!
Let me give you the breakdown.

86- Coupe and GXL
87- Turbo
SE
GXL
88- SE
GTU
GXL
Turbo
10th Anv.
Convert.
89- GTU
GTUs
GXL
Convert.
Turbo
90- Same as 89
91- As I said before, this was the last year and sales where way down, the simply made three chioces, the coupe, the convertable, and the turbo, there where no options available at all on those three cars for 91. There where no 92 RX7's.

congrats man! it is a sweet lookin ride...I actually had my first ride in a seconf gen tonight....lotsa fun!

and what i ment was there were only 3 choices ever. i'm not talking about a specific breakdown of each option model. you got your N/A, TurboII, and Vert. simple as that

Yep...the 91 was definintely a really nice one to own. Sometimes I regret selling my 91, but I didn't have the time to pull the motor and replace it. It ran strong for 140K miles and eventually the apex seal went bad on the rear rotor and it ate up the rotor housing. I used to race the car and run it hard all the time, so it definitely stood up to years of abuse. The person I sold it to got a sweet 7, because I just had fresh paint put on it a few months before it blew up.

anyone looking for a '90 gtu? its got about 170k on it. the tranny vibrates after 40 mph, i suspect the mounts are shot to hell. engine is still very strong. right before getting my protege5, i spent 2 days buffing the crap out of the oxidized paint and some guy followed me for a couple of miles to ask me if i restored rx-7s. i'm having trouble getting rid of it because not that many people are looking for a car like this.

Back