I am shocked!

Radiotek71

:
Mazda,Protege5,
Had the recall performed on my 2003 P5...the one with the loose bolts in engine. Mazda covered it for free and when it came to the compression test the engine was hosed(boom05) Here comes the shock....Mazda replaced the complete motor for FREE(yippy)(wiggle)(dance) It has on the body now 113k and 5 miles on the engine......Speechless...Way to go MAZDA!

3005C Intake Manifold Shutter and Variable Tumble Control Valves. For info on recall simply call USA Mazda. They ran my vin and set the appointment at a dealership to have the work done.

How did they end up agreeing to do all that work for free? I would think it wasn't their obligation to. Either way, fantastic for you man!

@Luken10....Mazda Corp payed the dealer. At first they told me I needed a new motor and I would have to pay. I had the dealer info on the procedure (the PDF I provided on this thread), so I alerted them to the fact they need to call Mazda Corp and inform them on what damage came from the recall. Next day they called me and said "New Motor" coming your way from Mazda! Then they tried selling me additional work of which I agreed to some..clutch, throwout bearing, drive belts and cracked front motor mount. All this was done at cost of parts only since the motor was out and no need for additional labor.

I think I remember this recall, not many proteges needed engines, most would pass inspection and just need new bolts. ^ Very unlikely that something will come up for 2002, since the recall itself is pretty old.

Back