Guide How to wire up Maestro RR module with pioneer head unit on 2014 CX-5

I wanted to add these diagrams to help others not spend as much time as I did to figure it out. this is working in my vehicle with this setup.

Step1
what makes the gauges work. I soldered 2 metal leads that came off of capacitors and inserted them into my obd port at these 2 locations. I tried to get them in the backside but they came lose after remounting the obd port. so sticking in the front is working and easily removed if needed.

Step custom diagram.png

step2
this is what interfaces with your steering wheel controls

Step 2 custom diagram.jpg

step 3
getting the remaining wires connected for specific to installing the maestro unit the 2 wires from connector g are what gets power to the unit. the other items are specific to a pioneer head units setup so please check you head unit to make sure they are the same..

final harness diagram.png

Also if your system has factory Bluetooth you will not be able to get the factory usb and auxiliary to work with a new head unit do your self a favor and order a new one usb and auxiliary port with 6ft cable and 2 harnesses so you can pull cables and pins from one to add the one you will use or be prepared to make your own or splicing the vehicle sire on off and wiring everything directly. Good luck

A few extra items found on the interwebs that can help make sense of this.

Generic OBD port.jpg

harness pinout mazda help.PNG

genericRR_EN diagram of cables etc.png

pioneer wires out identifier.png

RR install.PNG

This guide helped me a lot.
Nevertheless, there are some few variations in the case of a 2011 CX-7 unit.

Also, the Maestro RR consumes energy, if you don't use your car often then you will get trouble.

For both of them I have the solution but I'd rather to post it only if someone needs it.

The Maestro uses battery power, yes, but not much at all. About the same amount as the radio when switched off, possibly less.

The Maestro uses battery power, yes, but not much at all. About the same amount as the radio when switched off, possibly less.
I measured it. It isn't much but is definitively much more than the radio.

The radio with no Maestro reads 0.03 Amp, whith Maestro 0.25
Again, is not much, but I drive my car only on Saturdays, and it consumed my battery in less than 3 months.

Back