How-To: Home Depot (HD) Lip

Anyone have pics with the HDP lip on a speed3?? I am so stealing that Home Depot Performance name too!!!

Well you do that, and I'll open up LHIP (Lowe's Home Improvement Performance) and my first product will be the chicken wire lower grille or the homemade windshield washer IC sprayer!

Well you do that, and I'll open up LHIP (Lowe's Home Improvement Performance) and my first product will be the chicken wire lower grille or the homemade windshield washer IC sprayer!

if you are going to spray the top mount be careful you don't spray to much water because beneath the intercooler is the coilpacks and they won't take kindly to water sitting around them since there is no where for the water to drain.

yea son just got down with my LHP (lowes high performance) lip... (home depot was out) decided to do it after the shifter. buit you da man! i might try the side skirt idea for you guys tomorrow i'll keep ya posted.

just got back from the depot picked up another LHP lip but forgot the tape, gonna go back after i wash it... pics should be up in an hour or two.

IMG_0587.7.jpgIMG_0589.7.jpgIMG_0590.7.jpg

here are a couple for now...

i used 3m molding tape shown below. i made a double row on the entire strip first then peeled it back as i went along the bumper and yes i screwed it useing 1/2 self tapers. (ENTIRE INSTAL WAS DOWN ON THE GROUND) but i can imagine that is would be much easier lifted.

IMG_0592.7.jpg

IMG_0591.JPG

i wish the tape came in black, that way you wouldn't be able to see it....

but i just picked up my lip and tape at Home Depot and ill let you guys know how it went. Ill post pix, wish me LUCK!

Just finished, ill post better pix tomorrow, my cam is at the office. so heres some pix i took with my blackberry, I tried touching them up with PS so...

let me know what you guys think

thanks again guys , i love this mod!

Attachments

• IMG00540.jpg
    IMG00540.jpg
    299.5 KB · Views: 2,599
  • IMG00542.jpg
    IMG00542.jpg
    319.9 KB · Views: 1,247
  • IMG00543.jpg
    IMG00543.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 1,150