How much did you pay for your 2010-2011 CX-9

3xv

My wife and I are current owners of a 2008 CX-9 GT (Nav, Bose) and we are considering adding a 2010 or 2011 touring or GT FWD or AWD to our garage.

We were wondering what people have been paying OTD and what specs/options came with your purchase. Planning on purchasing in a week or two. Hope to hear from members soon. Thanks a bunch :)

We bought a new 2010 CX-9 Grand Touring FWD at the end of October. Navi, Moon roof/Bose, Power hatch, remote start, towing prep, Crystal White Pearl paint and moon roof deflector. MSRP was $38,435. OTD was $33,600.

2010 Grand Touring AWD. Moonroof/Bose, remote start, roof rack, power liftgate. $34,900 plus tax and docs.

2010 CX9 GT AWD Nav, Bose/moonroof, roof rack, power liftgate. $36,000 in August with zero% (plus tax, license)

Bought my 2010 CX 9 3 weeks ago, in NJ , got the AWD touring with bose radio, sunroof, rear back up package with roof racks and auto start for $31,500 with 2.9% financing .. I think maybe after seeing a few people here that almost for that price I could have gotten the grand touring for a bit more :( BUT LOVE LOVE the truck.!! its great!

There was a 4000 rebate at the time of my purchase. And I'm pretty sure more to come. Plus dealers were willing to go below invoice plus 4000. Huge inventory in the Chicago area. I could've done a little better from another dealer but I prefered the dealership that I purchased from.

You might've purchased a few weeks too early. It was 2000 mid November but another 1K added at the end of the month and another 1k beginning of December.

We are looking to get a 2010 Touring AWD w/ moonroof and backup cam now that the 2011s are out.

How should I start my negotiations? Online the price comes up to just under $31k, how low should I expect a dealer to be willing to work with me before being told to go home?

We are looking to get a 2010 Touring AWD w/ moonroof and backup cam now that the 2011s are out.

How should I start my negotiations? Online the price comes up to just under $31k, how low should I expect a dealer to be willing to work with me before being told to go home?

I got the same package and paid 28700. 6-7K is the standard. There is a 4000.00 credit plus. Invoice is 33200 for that setup. 33200-4000 gets you down to 29200. That is the most I would pay. Dealer also gets about 1400 in dealer holdback. I'm getting quotes now at 27900 for touring awd with moonroof. I decided to go with a better dealership!

I got the same package and paid 28700. 6-7K is the standard. There is a 4000.00 credit plus. Invoice is 33200 for that setup. 33200-4000 gets you down to 29200. That is the most I would pay. Dealer also gets about 1400 in dealer holdback. I'm getting quotes now at 27900 for touring awd with moonroof. I decided to go with a better dealership!

I contacted Cars Direct tonight to see what they could offer, told them $29,000 for a Touring with AWD and moonroof package. They laughed at me.

Will need to try some local dealers next.

Dont forget it all depends on what type of payment also. Are u financing the vehicle? Some of the financing gives 2.9% all the way to 5.9% or so. I bought mine with 2.9% and paid $31,300 or so with remote start and roof racks for Touring with back up camera and bose radio , sunroof. My sales guy to;ld me straight up (due to a screwed up online ad) that the price I was getting (law enforcement discount too) was the best deal with no room for negotiation. The window sticker on car was $35,600 i believe. So $4,300 was taken off window sticker of car. I can scan and fax u paperwork if the dealer wants to meet price...

You're right on invoice and for the most part rebates, but not on holdback. Holdback on a CX-9 is in the $300 range, give or take a few dollars. I sell them daily, and can state that as fact.

Holdback means nothing to the "dealer made money still", that's a tiny amount kept in accounting for basic expenses if anything.

Back to pricing...$29000 for a Touring AWD with Moonroof/Bose is a stretch. The current dealer cash is $3000, and with selling at invoice, you're down to right around $30300 on a Touring AWD with Moonroof/Bose and nothing else. There's no magic $1000 or more in there, except for the $500 more if you get loyalty.

Thanks to Mazda's current holiday special for dealer employees for the last few days in November and now for December, I was able to purchase my new 2011 at E-plan and then special financing.

Not available to general public, of course, but a fantastic deal even without it and the incentives available right now. Specific to the financing, right now you can get 2.9% for 72 on both 2010 and 2011 CX-9's, which made the difference for me as to model year.

You're right on invoice and for the most part rebates, but not on holdback. Holdback on a CX-9 is in the $300 range, give or take a few dollars. I sell them daily, and can state that as fact.

Holdback means nothing to the "dealer made money still", that's a tiny amount kept in accounting for basic expenses if anything.

I'm not sure what to tell you. There is a 4000.00 rebate. If you srll them you shoul know that. I believe you but maybee different pricing in different areas. Also I know for a fact that 1400 below invoice is there cutoff.

I did get 3.49 for 72 thru an outside bank. Anything above 29000 for a 2010 awd with moonroof/bose is paying too much. I was getting 31000 for a 2011.

If you need proof i got it and many others also. Go on edmunds and check there. Similar and better deals than what i got.

Back to pricing...$29000 for a Touring AWD with Moonroof/Bose is a stretch. The current dealer cash is $3000, and with selling at invoice, you're down to right around $30300 on a Touring AWD with Moonroof/Bose and nothing else. There's no magic $1000 or more in there, except for the $500 more if you get loyalty.

My quotes didnt work in my iphone.

Check edmunds and you will see similar or better pricing than what i ending up getting. Another dealership was trying to earn my business and offered 28k for 2010 awd touring moonroof bose.

Rebate is 4000.00. Invoice is never true cost. 1400.00 below is true price for the dealership. I was told it was even more
than that. Rebate increased to 4000 first week of December.

Anything above 29000 for a 2010 wih above package is too much.

My quotes didnt work in my iphone.

Check edmunds and you will see similar or better pricing than what i ending up getting. Another dealership was trying to earn my business and offered 28k for 2010 awd touring moonroof bose.

Rebate is 4000.00. Invoice is never true cost. 1400.00 below is true price for the dealership. I was told it was even more
than that. Rebate increased to 4000 first week of December.

Anything above 29000 for a 2010 wih above package is too much.

I am a dealer, and can show an invoice..."true cost" is a fairy tale, in the end what matters to the dealer is if they sold it for invoice or anything more. Anything below is considered a loss in the red, unless it's a month (such as October) where some dealers had Stair-step/extra cash from Mazda on each deal for having sold a certain number. If there was a phantom $1400 still in every CX-9, I'd be on cloud nine. Perfect example, new 2010 CX-9 GT FWD we had. Sticker is $38865. Invoice is $35900. Holdback is a total of $328.

Dealers will sell in the red to earn business vs. another dealer, for sure, but there simply isn't that much money still after cost in any of these. Regardless of what any site or person tells you.

Great deals guys...still incredible you can get a vehicle as world class as the CX-9 (or 6, CX-7, etc.) with such fantastic incentives. Cake and eating it too, the zoom-zoom way. Keep buying them!

I am a dealer, and can show an invoice..."true cost" is a fairy tale, in the end what matters to the dealer is if they sold it for invoice or anything more. Anything below is considered a loss in the red, unless it's a month (such as October) where some dealers had Stair-step/extra cash from Mazda on each deal for having sold a certain number. If there was a phantom $1400 still in every CX-9, I'd be on cloud nine. Perfect example, new 2010 CX-9 GT FWD we had. Sticker is $38865. Invoice is $35900. Holdback is a total of $328.

Dealers will sell in the red to earn business vs. another dealer, for sure, but there simply isn't that much money still after cost in any of these. Regardless of what any site or person tells you.

Great deals guys...still incredible you can get a vehicle as world class as the CX-9 (or 6, CX-7, etc.) with such fantastic incentives. Cake and eating it too, the zoom-zoom way. Keep buying them!

Beach, first congrats on the car! I love mine too and I just purchased it this month. Same color as you and I wouldn't buy another. I sold cars in the past and that phantom 1400 is real. It seems like your dealership doesn't tell the sales staff. Again invoice price is not true cost. Lots of factors are in. True cost is what it is. When starting negotiations you always start at
1K below invoice. In this case add the 4000 rebate. Again 6-7k off msrp is a good price on a 2010. Anything above is gravy for the dealership!

Other than "holdback", "cash rebate from factory", there is something called "volume discount" from automaker.
i.e. if a dealer sells more than certain amount of units, they get extra money back from automaker.
I don't sell cars, but I have friend who does that for Toyota.

Just picked up a 2010 CX9 AWD Touring with Roof Rack & Compass/Homelink. $28,136 (includes current incentives & owner loyalty)

Back