How much are you paying for synthetic oil change?

synthetic oil change price

• < $49.99

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • $50 - $54.99

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • $55 - $59.99

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • > $60

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters
You guys are comparing apples and oranges! Every Australian makes far more than their American counterpart, from the lowliest cashier all the way up to the miners and engineers.

Very true, cashier monthly income is around 3000.

Freaking serious? It'd be 800-1000 here. So sounds like u make 3 times as much but that still means the oil change equivalent to over $100.

Salaries are mega, costs are mega, tax is very low, all works out about equal I guess. But you get to live in a clean country, nice climate, low crime etc......but the Mazda dealers aren't any better lol!

Sounds like Silicon valley, not cheap. Pay to play in the tech capital of the world.

The Mazda dealer charges $15.99 for oil changes. If I bring my own oil, it'll be around $13. If I bring my own oil filter & oil, it's around $5. $3.99 for labor & a couple dollars for disposal fee.
So with the price of a 5qt jug of 0W-20 Mobil 1 synthetic oil from Walmart ~$24, cost of a full synthetic oil change at the dealer is <$40.

Last edited:
Are you serious?? but why? what does the service include if it's not for an oil change since you said not including the oil change part. I cannot ever imagine paying $300-500 every 6 months. Something is not right, what do they include a destination fee for the oil or whatever they're doing to Sydney?

It includes oil change but the oil is not synthetic, just the mineral oil. If I was to buy oil and filter myself it would cost me approx $75, but then my warranty would be void if the car wasn't serviced by a licenced mechanic. You can go and to your servicing at independent service centres for just under $200 but they are limited to basic service and if you need electronic diagnostics they are limited as the manufacturers do not provide the any access to vehicle information to the independent mechanics. So most people end up going to the mazda dealers just in case and get ripped off. The labour cost in this country is very high but sadly the mechanics doing the servicing are among the lowest paid workers despite 3 year apprenticeship required.

I just got a "Coupon" in my email for an oil change at the dealership where I bought my car - $75 for a synthetic change is their "discount" price.

about $40 for Mazda oil and Mazda filter and then about 20 minutes of my time. But I use the time when I'd be otherwise laying on the couch watching TV so that time is free :) And it would take longer than that to get to and from the dealer.

I use one of those oil extractor pumps that sucks the oil out the dipstick tube. Pulled the drain plug after and nothing at all came out so it gets it all with this engine. That way I can pump it up and let it start pulling the oil out and then when it is done I just have to crawl under and do the filter, fill it up and wipe down the engine compartment.

WOW!!!!!!! It's so cheap in the states!!!!!! Its like $330 just for oil and filter here!!! Cant even do it for under $60 if I did it myself!

Back