How lock all doors without the FOB and without opening any doors.

That guy is completely wrong about the hatch operation and calling it a secret button is kinda dumb as its clearly described in the manual. Just because some clueless salesman calls it secret doesnt mean it is.

So to clear this up. If the entire car is locked already, and you walk up only to the trunk and open it, once you close the trunk it is locked again. You dont have to press anything to re-lock it. Dont believe me? Lock your car, open the hatch, close it, walk away and put the key down on the ground 5 feet away, walk back and press the hatch open button again and it wont work. If you have the key on you the proximity sensor will keep letting you opening the hatch over and over but theres no need to re-lock the car.

Additionally the lock button on the rear hatch to the right is for if you dont have walk away lock enabled. Its so you can get out of your driver door and remove cargo from the trunk and then lock the whole car without having to walk around to either the driver or the passenger door to lock the vehicle.

That guy is completely wrong about the hatch operation and calling it a secret button is kinda dumb as it*s clearly described in the manual. Just because some clueless salesman calls it secret doesn*t mean it is.

So to clear this up. If the entire car is locked already, and you walk up only to the trunk and open it, once you close the trunk it is locked again. You don*t have to press anything to re-lock it. Don*t believe me? Lock your car, open the hatch, close it, walk away and put the key down on the ground 5 feet away, walk back and press the hatch open button again and it won*t work. If you have the key on you the proximity sensor will keep letting you opening the hatch over and over but there*s no need to re-lock the car.

Additionally the lock button on the rear hatch to the right is for if you don*t have walk away lock enabled. It*s so you can get out of your driver door and remove cargo from the trunk and then lock the whole car without having to walk around to either the driver or the passenger door to lock the vehicle.

source.gif

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Well I had an experience yesterday that left me a little confused. Arriving home I got out of the car then opened the rear door to get groceries out, stood there a while to see what would happen (nothing did) then I walked straight back from the rear of the car. I never moved away from the side of the car and the walk away did not activate and the car remained unlocked. I think it's very important to be aware of this in public parking areas as it's possible to leave the car in such a manner like I did that it doesn't lock. One could be distracted and not realize it.

Well I had an experience yesterday that left me a little confused. Arriving home I got out of the car then opened the rear door to get groceries out, stood there a while to see what would happen (nothing did) then I walked straight back from the rear of the car. I never moved away from the side of the car and the walk away did not activate and the car remained unlocked. I think it's very important to be aware of this in public parking areas as it's possible to leave the car in such a manner like I did that it doesn't lock. One could be distracted and not realize it.

Was the hatch open when you walked away? You didn't mention closing it, which is why I ask. The auto-lock only engages if you close the door while the fob is in range.

Back