How do we unlock the doors if the CX-50 battery dies?

Digbicks1234

16.5 CX-5 Touring/2023 CX-9 Touring
Hey guys,

I've been thinking about this for a while but how do we open the car doors once the car battery dies? The CX-50 does not have a key built inside of the key fob and the doors do not have a key hole.

I didn't see anything in the owners manual about this as well aside from how to change out the key fob battery. Not sure if I missed anything but let me know your thoughts on this.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221030-220725_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221030-220725_Chrome.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 388
I challenge users to try the aux. key in the hole under the door handle. I tried as described in the instructions and it would not unlock it. I have no hand strength issues or injuries.
May need to try a pliers if I try it again, not much area to grasp the key.

One year later I come to find from my dealer that there is a RECALL MSP-60 for this metal key issue.
Cannot find any info on it as of yet.

One year later I come to find from my dealer that there is a RECALL MSP-60 for this metal key issue.
Cannot find any info on it as of yet.
Correction: This is a service procedure, NOT a recall. It basically just tells the dealer to cycle the manual key lock a few times to free it up.

A RECALL is always safety related...
It can be as minor an issue as stop light failure, but safety related.

A TSB is not a recall. It just tells Mazda mechanics how to check and fix, and what parts are required.

Back