Here's a good Mazda parts department for factory wheels

Just wanted to share a parts department I found who was selling the factory wheels "cheaper" than most others. I wanted a full-size spare matching my existing wheels. My local Mazda dealer wanted $509 (down from $540 when I asked if they could provide a better price). I went to rockymountainmazda.com and got a wheel for $309 which is still insane but at least it's new and unblemished. Yes you can find these on ebay but they are usually scratched up for $200+. There's also this place in the Philippines (mikstoreph.com) which must get these out the back door from the factory in China for $192 plus shipping.

yrwei52

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech Pkg
Contributor
:
Plano, Texas, USA
Just wanted to share a parts department I found who was selling the factory wheels "cheaper" than most others. I wanted a full-size spare matching my existing wheels. My local Mazda dealer wanted $509 (down from $540 when I asked if they could provide a better price). I went to rockymountainmazda.com and got a wheel for $309 which is still insane but at least it's new and unblemished. Yes you can find these on ebay but they are usually scratched up for $200+. There's also this place in the Philippines (mikstoreph.com) which must get these out the back door from the factory in China for $192 plus shipping.
I believe you’re talking about getting an alloy wheel for the price over $300? I personally would get a much cheaper steel wheel if I really prefer a full-size spare. I went much cheaper way getting a used T155/90D18 103M compact spare from a 2015 Mazda CX-9 which has the same outer diameter as the road tires. And this’s the spare tire size listed on Mazda’s specs for CX-5 AWD on Mazda’s website in early days.

The OEM wheel is what I purchased to have a matching set of five. I certainly didn't like the idea that if I get a flat on the front I have to first move one from the back to the front then use the spare.

:
Pueblo county CO
:
CX-5 Sport 16.5 6M
OEM should be good quality and no question about the fit.
Do you have AWD? I think you want all four to match as much as possible.

yrwei52

Contributor
:
Plano, Texas, USA
The OEM wheel is what I purchased to have a matching set of five. I certainly didn't like the idea that if I get a flat on the front I have to first move one from the back to the front then use the spare.
Good point by having 5 same alloy wheels. My 2000 BMW 528i comes with the same 5 alloy wheels from factory. In past 21.5 years the full-size spare has been sitting in the trunk and has almost never been removed as the way it’s stored making the valve stem facing upward so that I can check the air easily not like our CX-5. My theory is I’d use my same-outer-diameter compact spare at front if I ever need it, and drive the car carefully to a nearest tire shop or Discount Tire Store to fix the flat properly. I’d not try to change the tire TWICE on the highway shoulder if I had a flat at front which is too dangerous! (Been there and done that!)

Another good part with 5 alloy wheels is you can do tire rotation with all 5 tires which is often recommended by car manufactures in the old days. Of course the tire life is much shorter at the time, rotating 5 tires can prolong the tire change interval. Nowadays many tires have 80K miles tread life, we sometimes have to worry about changing the tires with too much tread left but the tire age is reaching their designed life of 8 ~ 10 years.

And if you accidentally damaged any alloy wheels, you can use the spare as the regular road tire and move that as the spare if the damage is minor.

yrwei52

Contributor
:
Plano, Texas, USA
On the side note, I just had the factory T145/90D16 106M compare spare installed at the right front a couple of day ago since the stock Toyo A23 19” tire got a small metal tube and is leaking air. Driving with much smaller 16” spare at RF of course only on the local road at slower speed. My observation is the spare is not only caused some hum noise at ~15 mph, the TPMS warning light is eventually lit as expected since the much smaller spare is turning at higher revolutions.

I have the exact same spec tire and wheel as a spare. It figures Yokohoma would have discontinued the tire that just came on my new car, grrr. I was lucky to have found one in my area as most locations had 0. The only thing I left out was the TPMS sensor as I'm not concerned about that. I check my tires every Saturday anyway.

:
Pueblo county CO
:
CX-5 Sport 16.5 6M
I bought a Prelude wheel from Wheels of America. It was like new and on sale for $50!

Usually they are much more. The OEM Mazda MPV wheel I bought off Craigslist was only$60, the WOA price $141 ( and that discounted from their regular price).

:
2014 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech
My theory is I’d use my same-outer-diameter compact spare at front if I ever need it, and drive the car carefully to a nearest tire shop or Discount Tire Store to fix the flat properly. I’d not try to change the tire TWICE on the highway shoulder if I had a flat at front which is too dangerous! (Been there and done that!
I believe that the OP has a turbo model. As we've seen in other posts, the supplied spare doesn't fit over the larger front brakes and thus must be installed only on the rear. So if the flat is on the front, then a double change is needed. A matching OEM rim makes sense in that regard.

:
GA prior 16 CX5 GT
:
20 CX5 GT + Prem
I have a couple of complete full size new toyo tire, rim, sensors in the for sale section...

yrwei52

Contributor
:
Plano, Texas, USA
I believe that the OP has a turbo model. As we've seen in other posts, the supplied spare doesn't fit over the larger front brakes and thus must be installed only on the rear. So if the flat is on the front, then a double change is needed. A matching OEM rim makes sense in that regard.
Although OP didn’t say, but he did mentioned he’s looking for the same stock “Yokohama” tires for the spare to match the road tires. That means his CX-5 comes with Yokohama Geolandar G91A 225/65R17 100H tires , and he has a non-turbo 2.5L. He can use stock 16” compact spare T145/90D16 106M at front.