Head Lights

TightMP3

Would anyone on here be willing to trade headlights with me and ill include some money. They are interchangeable. Jsut let me know i would really like to have these lights. :eek:

I'd get a pair of P5 headlights too.

Think a P5 owner would notice if i switched them during the night ? ;)

You can ask your dealer but get ready to pay alot!

I may be wrone but there is one on ebay going for $1.00. It might not be a P5 headlight, you might want to check for yourself. Just search under mazda protege. If it is the ones you want, at least you'll be half way there. ;)

I've got a P5 and the headlights are definitely the nicest of the Protege line. Love the dual projector and the bullet directional lamp.

Don't know why the P5 is the only model with these headlamps.

All the lamps are interchangeable, so I'll be checking mine every morning to make sure no other Protege owner swapped 'em out!!

Maybe you could get a dealer to give you a trade-in value for your mp3 lights if you buy p5's.

Here's the boring reality:
The MP3 has the side markers behind the front wheel. Federal law mandates a parking light and reflector be IN FRONT of the wheel. The protege5 has the side marker in front of the wheel, and can use the all clear headlight assembly. The MP3 has to incorporate the parking light int the headlight assembly since there's no other side marker in front of the wheel. SOOOO, if you want to put on Protege5 headlights, expect to get either ticketed for improper lighting, or to fail inspections (those states that do this) for the same reason.

Originally posted by sttl013:
<STRONG>Here's the boring reality:
The MP3 has the side markers behind the front wheel. Federal law mandates a parking light and reflector be IN FRONT of the wheel. The protege5 has the side marker in front of the wheel, and can use the all clear headlight assembly. The MP3 has to incorporate the parking light int the headlight assembly since there's no other side marker in front of the wheel. SOOOO, if you want to put on Protege5 headlights, expect to get either ticketed for improper lighting, or to fail inspections (those states that do this) for the same reason.</STRONG>

Yep. That's the sad reality of it. Also, you have to change the wiring harness in order to support the dual headlamps of the P5.

Back