GTSpec in Stock? Really?

i12drivemyMP5

<<<<<<< >>>>>>>
Contributor
:
-- 03 P5 / 23 CX-5 --
Got an email out to these folks to see if they really has all this in stock and is it blue or orange. They weren't open when I found it to call........stay tuned (no, not tuner pun)

http://www.alteredmotorsports.com/catalog/-c-22_62_98_112.html

Neverfuckinmind, googled gtspec vbrace for protege5 and the page above came up but if you click home it says test site. Dammit, thought some gold had been mined. Will still give the 918 number a call but not too hopeful at this point. Was skeptical when I found it to begin with. Instinct will probably prevail.

Last edited:
More and more caca dead end...fon number takes you to some google subscriber msg crap. Bummer. Not holding out much hope for reply to email. Sorry for false alarm folks. Will update if reply received from email. Doubting any parts to be had tho..............

I have an account with a big distributor, which GTspec part numbers are you looking for?

CR3 also has that account and GT SPEC will tell you that you need 10 confirmed and paid buyer per item before they will even produce it(6-12 weeks). People have been kicking around websites and GBs for years but no one has the money to pay when its time.

I gots monies for the parts I want but not for 10 and 6 months turnaround from organizing a GB just isn't very practical. Most people aren't gonna tie up 200-500.00 of their money for that long. People all flake and bail before it happens so basically just SOL. I'm still in denial that there isn't a stash of s*** sitting around somewhere that hasn't come to light yet but I'll give up sooner or later, probably later, lol.......................

I'm just looking for GTS-SUS-1081 (blue Vbrace bars) and mayybe the lower tie brace. Already have the reinforcement panel for the Vbraces and I have the ladder bar up front so not sure if the lower tie brace will be of any help but those 2 items are the only ones I want to complete my set of blue GTSpec stuff. Only other thing is trunk cage but I can live without that since already have the rr stb. Not looking to make that area any more useless for cargo.

I gots monies for the parts I want but not for 10 and 6 months turnaround from organizing a GB just isn't very practical. Most people aren't gonna tie up 200-500.00 of their money for that long. People all flake and bail before it happens so basically just SOL. I'm still in denial that there isn't a stash of s*** sitting around somewhere that hasn't come to light yet but I'll give up sooner or later, probably later, lol.......................

I bought all of my pieces out of said stash directly from GT SPEC a few years back, the last trunk cage they had for a P5 is in my car now. Evan (lewis7789) might know of a tie bar that could be FS that is blue.

didnt someone called GT spec last time and replied more than 10 is needed? for them to make it? GT spec doesnt take 10 special orders i guess?

anyway theres a trunk cage GI/GB, rougly 6-8 ppl are signed up atm for sedan couple for hatchback in market section i guess

its better if CR3 could start the GB or a moderator like bikingpro5 should do it.

ppl tends to put trust on you guys.

didnt someone called GT spec last time and replied more than 10 is needed? for them to make it? GT spec doesnt take 10 special orders i guess?

anyway theres a trunk cage GI/GB, rougly 6-8 ppl are signed up atm for sedan couple for hatchback in market section i guess

of those 6-8 ppl 4 have either sold the protege or bought a cage used. GT SPEC last time i talk to them needed 15 confirmed and payed orders for any product and it was a 6-10 week wait time once they had the order. If you really want GT SPEC pieces the best bet is to wait for part out or ask ScratchnSniff as he might still have some laying around.

I personally wont run a GI for any GT SPEC parts since there is no real interest in people paying up front for something they may never get, and i do not want to hold on to peoples money for them. Find me 10 people who all want the same part ( per part#) with cash in hand and i will call GT SPECs direct line again and make the GB happen.

Yeah, it's pretty much gonna be a right time right place luck out thing on used stuff.

Back