Greetings from Afghanistan

speed1016

Contributor
:
mazdaspeed Protege 03
Hey guys and gals! I have been in country for about a month now, and yes it sucks just as bad as last time! But I need some help. The internet is pretty slow and it prevents me from doing a lot of searching. Right before I left I threw a CEL on the speed and I can not remember the code P6606 maybe something like that. I know it was manifold related if that helps at all. CAn someone shed some light on this. I have had the protegegarage intake manifold on for several thousand mile with now issue until this. Any ideas?

And please please please dont ask me to search!!!! I would seriously take over 5 or 6 hours straight. I send four pictures through email yesterday and it took 7 hours to send :(

Thanks

well I peaked around, and didnt see anything or hear anything that stood out. Ive swapped over to silicone hoses about 3 thousand miles ago, no issues. Thanks for the help. So are the sensors for the butterflies should be open correct? It took almost 5 minutes just to refresh my last post :(

Download time :( I thank you though. I will have a buddy back in the states check them out and let me know. LOl it brutal out here man...brutal. I really do thank you!! CHEERS

i know i have the p0660, reading that was like listening to spanish to me though.. lol.. i can build an engine, but when it comes to reading things like that.. i am at a loss.. whats the easiest way to get rid of that damn code??

I had that code for a while after I got my car completely fixed this last time. It stayed on, I just sort of left it alone since it didn't seem to affect the car's performance, and then it just went away on it's own. Don't know what may have caused it originally, but it hasn't come back.

I had that code for a while after I got my car completely fixed this last time. It stayed on, I just sort of left it alone since it didn't seem to affect the car's performance, and then it just went away on it's own. Don't know what may have caused it originally, but it hasn't come back.

I think it comes from the un restricted air flow through the single runner.. I just recently got it, didn't have it before spring hit.. Hmmm..

Last edited:
I think it comes from the un restricted air flow through the single runner.. I just recently got it, didn't have it before spring hit.. Hmmm..

nope... i have it even with the stock intake mani! I think it might be the diaphrams or whatever they are. my like come and goes. it no big deal to me as my boost gauge blocks the CEL anyways.

I got that code on my car (bone stock) a few weeks ago. I replaced my VICS solenoid and it has yet to come back, so knock on wood...

Ya Make Sure You Have The Solinoids From The Stock Manifol Plugged In, They Dont Have To Do Anything, The Pcm Just Needs To See That There Plugged In.

see maybe they came unpluged some how. I have been running it for a few thousand miles with no issues, then BAM it came on? Ill have my buddy check thanks

Back