GP32 ordered!!!!

Micah

Well, I did it. I cracked and ordered a GP32. Anyone else on the forum have one of these?

system01.gif

cpu 32 bit risc cpu
screen 3.5" tft
rom 512 kbyte
media smc(smart media card)
sdram 8mb
communication usb port
sound 16bit stereo sound
4 channel wav mixing
resolution 320 x 240 pixel
power supply 2 batteries aa
display colors 65536 colors

This thing outright pisses all over my GBA. Runs emulators, mp3, divx, etc.

Looking forward to playing those old school NES games,SNES games, GBA games, GB games, Genesis Games, DOOM, Heretic, and ripping some of my movies through virtualdub for this thing. I'll post pics when it arrives.

Last edited:
$290.67 with overnight shipping - but I probably won't get it until Tuesday/Wednesday. Ordered the Backlit unit, and the case. I'm sure I could have bought it a little cheaper if I kept looking, but I liked the site I was looking at it on. Plus they have given me a quick response time on emails.

I got it here
http://www.gbax.com

You can also buy it at www.lik-sang.com

I was originally just looking to pick up some flash carts and a flash linker for my GBA, but then I remembered the GP32 when I saw it. It's been around for quite a while. They already have a new one planned for 2007 with backwards compatibility. The open source development on this thing has come a long way since I first saw it.

so you can play all kinds of emulators and whatnot? damn i could download excite bike (evil)...anyways, i might have to get one of these next time i get deployed.

work%20and%20toys%20001.jpg

That's my desk, yeah, I need to clean it, but I'm working on alot of projects right now. Notice the Far Side Calender and the Binary Clock on the right.

ok, toy shots - I picked up a Neo Geo Pocket today too as an impulse buy, and a few games to go with it. My GP32 can emulate it, but I felt like having it anyway.
work%20and%20toys%20002.jpg

work%20and%20toys%20003.jpg

My camera's flash kept washing out the screen so I turned it off.

Yep, it's running DOOM

work%20and%20toys%20004.jpg

work%20and%20toys%20005.jpg

I like the prominent display of the tums.

I keep mine in my laptop bag ;)

That thing is great! I've been looking at these new tapwave zodiac's since I need a palm anyway. But this thing looks like a lot of fun, and probably cheaper too...

-Sp

ya know, I could show you how to solve that rubik's cube with out cheating. but if you have one on your desk, then I assume that you can solve it

yep, start with the top layer, work your way down. It's not that easy, but it isn't impossible. I used to know the patterns to move blocks position and/or orientation, but it's been a while. It's just there as a creative distraction when I need it.

StreetPreacher said:
I like the prominent display of the tums.

I keep mine in my laptop bag ;)

That thing is great! I've been looking at these new tapwave zodiac's since I need a palm anyway. But this thing looks like a lot of fun, and probably cheaper too...

-Sp

$300 with the case, Plus I had a buy a 128 MB SM card, cost me like 59.99.

Yeah, tapwave looks pretty kewl, but I'm waiting to see how it does. Oh, and SNK vs. Capcom is really good on Neo Geo Pocket Color.

I solve it differently than anyone I've ever met... I solve top, then bottom the fill in the middle... its faster.. I can do it in under 2 minutes for completely messed up

RyanJayG said:
I solve it differently than anyone I've ever met... I solve top, then bottom the fill in the middle... its faster.. I can do it in under 2 minutes for completely messed up
i know a couple people who do it in ~30 secs. it's pretty sick to watch. one kid competes

yeah, people win the "world chanmpionship" in like 17 sec or something... its rediculous. I couldn't do it nearly that fast because my cube isn't broken in enough. lol it sometimes hangs up and I have to do it slowly

you can sand paper down the edges of each piece a little bit so it slides better. you just have to make sure you put it back in the way it was taken out

yeah, I know how to dissasemble teh cube, but I don't need to do a speed test just to prove somthing to someone. ( though I have impressed a couple of girls once ;) ) I'm happy with the fact that I can even solve it at all, and that I thought up my own way of doing it all by myself

Back