Got my CX-5 Today

Ain't she a beauty!!!

It's the GS version in Canada (Touring is US equivalent). It's the mid grade with leatherette seats) and I find the seats REALLY firm. I had not noticed during 2 test runs but the 1 hour drive today, my back couldn't take it anymore. Does it get better from here?? Not sure what to do. I am adjusting the seat position settings to see but I feel like this is going to be a difficult thing to overcome.

unnamed-24.jpg

Last edited:
Nice ride.

I passed on the CX5 due to the seats. I really liked it overall and was ready to sign a killer lease deal. My issue was pressure on my left thigh. After driving for 1/2 hour or more, my leg started to get sore and after about 45 minutes it was painful. I got lucky when the dealer let me take it home overnight, that's when I started to feel the pain. Had I not done that, I'd probably be in your position.

Maybe you can get a pad of foam or something to place on the backrest or seat bottom to help. I think someone else on here did something like that and helped significantly.

The white is the bestest, especially with the window tint. White seems to offer classiness and sportiness

Nice ride.

I passed on the CX5 due to the seats. I really liked it overall and was ready to sign a killer lease deal. My issue was pressure on my left thigh. After driving for 1/2 hour or more, my leg started to get sore and after about 45 minutes it was painful. I got lucky when the dealer let me take it home overnight, that's when I started to feel the pain. Had I not done that, I'd probably be in your position.

Maybe you can get a pad of foam or something to place on the backrest or seat bottom to help. I think someone else on here did something like that and helped significantly.
She is a beauty. May you get many long years of enjoyment out of it.

Try sitting in the other seat versions. The cloth seats are very comfortable, with soft foam padding, and I also like the real leather seats in the Grand Touring+.

Looks great.
I have a comfort foam pad, much better on long trips.

Try sitting in the other seat versions. The cloth seats are very comfortable, with soft foam padding, and I also like the real leather seats in the Grand Touring+.

I sat in all of them and had not noticed any issues until the 1h+ drive :( I think it could be a matter of getting used to. I see a lot of complaints with the leather seats being hard so it's maybe not any better. I had a Ford Escape with leather seats so that's maybe why. They we're very plush. I looked at the new escapes and didn't like the seats after 10 min...

The white is the bestest, especially with the window tint. White seems to offer classiness and sportiness

Agreed! Best colour combo. Mazda is also nice to have exteriors that don't vary so much from one trim to another and that allowed me to buy this lower end version without much compromise.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear the seats in your CX-5 are uncomfortable for you.
FWIW: My wife loves the Xtreme Comforts Coccyx Orthopedic Memory Foam Seat Cushion.

I think the seats will soften up for you. My wife has a 2018 Touring (with leatherette seats) 35k miles on hers. I have a 2019 GT.....I find he touring seats much less firm.

I think the seats will soften up for you. My wife has a 2018 Touring (with leatherette seats) 35k miles on hers. I have a 2019 GT.....I find he touring seats much less firm.

Good to know. I thought I had made the mistake of not going GT and suffering from my decision but I love it!! :) I think I adjusted my seat and it's a little better.

Back