2013~2016 Google Nav Cutting Out in Bluetooth

Hi. First time poster. My Google Navigation only works correctly when Spotify is playing music. Otherwise it cuts out after the first few words of the voice directions. Is there an update for Bluetooth for the 2014 CX-5? This started happening after an Android update. I got a new phone and the problem persists.

Last edited:
seems this is NOT a new issue or even a Mazda issue

Upvote 0
seems this is NOT a new issue or even a Mazda issue

Thanks for sharing these resources. I assumed the issue was with the clunky TomTom infotainment system, but it appears not.

Upvote 0
My workaround solution was to get a USB Type C to 3.5mm headphone jack adapter with an extra C input--the extra C so I can also charge if I need to. I use the AUX input to run Google nav instead of going through bluetooth. I can talk on the phone through bluetooth. Nav doesn't come through while I'm on the phone but kicks back in through AUX when I'm off the phone. The plus in all this is I can also use my trusty old wired headphones and connect to my old but awesome analog stereo system with AUX instead of having to get a bluetooth adapter for it. I should add that Mazda had no solution other than getting an after-market new Infotainment system that may or may not have worked.

Upvote 0
My workaround solution was to get a USB Type C to 3.5mm headphone jack adapter with an extra C input--the extra C so I can also charge if I need to. I use the AUX input to run Google nav instead of going through bluetooth. ...

Very creative solution.

A few random 2 in 1 USB C to 3.5mm Audio Adapters I found on Amazon:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am also experiencing the first few words cut off of each navigation Bluetooth call with my iPhone SE2 and 2018 CX-5. My previous iPhone SE had no problems making complete Bluetooth calls through the car audio. Last week I had Mazda update the software (free) for the CX-5's Mazda Connect, yet the problem remains. Been on the phone with Apple for a long time, trying everything down to a factory reset. The problem remains. Also, the audio quality of the SE2 Bluetooth call is quite bad compared my my previous SE. Frustrating.

Upvote 0
Back